Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2008, 09:38 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
madison , Wisconsin
1986 36' Avion 25th Silver Ann. Edition. price?

Hi ya'll,
In my search for an airstream I stumbled upon this Avion. Everything works, new floor, water heater, bathroom updated. Old (but plenty of tread) tires, and been parked for 8 years. The seller is asking 12,500. How do I determine the value of this trailer? Is it comparable to an airstream, price wise?
Thanks,
Zac
offgrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:02 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Be sure to check out; avioncampingandrestoration : Avion Camping and Restoration - Repair,

I am an Avion owner also. The Avions tend to bring less money than a comparable Airstream trailer when comparing years and equipment. The Silver Edition was a special trailer and it has many features that were options on the regular line of Avion trailers.
I think that this price is on the high side (my opinion only). New radial tires (6) will be in the price range of $800 (Goodyear Marathon). A trailer that has been sitting will need to have the wheel bearings repacked, and the running lights checked. The propane tanks may need to be updated with the OPD valves.
This is just a few of the items that you may neewd to consider before a purchase.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:40 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
madison , Wisconsin
Thanks for the reply Kevin. Is there any different issues, compared to an airstream I should be looking out for? Do Avions use the same dura torque axle setup? Thanks for the help. This seller sounds pressed for time to liqudate his stuff, so maybe his asking price will come down. Zac
offgrid is offline   Reply With Quote