Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #1

1974 31' Sovereign
Dover , Tennessee
1976 Airstream Land Yacht 31'

We are Tennessee campers who have always wanted an Airstream. Last week we purchased a 1974 Airstream Land Yacht 31'.
New tires and serviced, new refrigerator, new flooring, new twin bed mattresses, plumbing in good condition.

During the remodeling, in the living room space, the original sofa and fold out table was removed. In it's place is a fouton.
Any suggestion where to purchase sofa sleeper?
The kitchen counter top will need replacing and possible the gas cook stove. Where should we look for these items??

Thank you!
terrydebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1969 23' Safari
New Orleans , Louisiana
Right here is a good place to start. There was a guy in L.A. recently trying to GIVE AWAY a Magic Chef range he had removed. You'll have to get up to speed on searching the site. Start with the 'search' button above rt. I personally find the search feature on this vBulletin site NEVER gives me what I'm looking for so I do a Google search and add "site:airforums.com" after my search terms and usually get MANY good hits. There are also some RV parts dealers who carry surplus/NOS/used stuff (google again), but you may be better off finding a talented local carpenter who can build you a dinette/sleeper like the original, where the table is UP for eating and lowers down onto a support rail for sleeping. Look at Pizzachop's photos on this site to see what a beautiful unit he built in his. good luck.
fotochop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:36 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Danielsville , Georgia
Here are a few links to some photos:

Dinette Drawings

Dinette Construction

Dinette Finished

New Countertop
PizzaChop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #4

1974 31' Sovereign
Dover , Tennessee
Wow---great suggestions!Thanks for the quick response, I'm amazed how the airstreams transform from one owner to another. We will design this one to meet our needs and appreciate the thread comments.
Our new airstream has been the popular topic around the house, we are so excited with our new toy!
Thanks again!!
terrydebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:27 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
Hi and Welcome to the forums from another Tennessee Airstream Owner! I think its safe to say that your family is already experiencing symptoms of aluminitus! Do you have an you pictures of your new toy?
https://www.etsy.com/your/listings
Silver Threads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
I had a '77 Excella 500 31' with curbside Flexsteel sofa, front entertainment center and rear bath. The Flexsteel did not have arms on either end but it sure folded out like a gaucho and was comfortable. I wished it had been just a little bigger because the single curbside twin bed was not really long enough for my 6' tall body. Besides, the trim around the single bed looked a little like something I have seen inside a coffin. I wasn't ready to go then and I'm not ready to go now.

Try this site for some additional models which you might like: Flexsteel - RV/Marine Furniture

Also try the Camping World site for some of their advertised models.

By the way, I've spent more than a few days going through Dover while deer hunting at Land Between the Lakes. Great place!

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Same Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrydebbie View Post
We are Tennessee campers who have always wanted an Airstream. Last week we purchased a 1974 Airstream Land Yacht 31'.
New tires and serviced, new refrigerator, new flooring, new twin bed mattresses, plumbing in good condition.

During the remodeling, in the living room space, the original sofa and fold out table was removed. In it's place is a fouton.
Any suggestion where to purchase sofa sleeper?
The kitchen counter top will need replacing and possible the gas cook stove. Where should we look for these items??

Thank you!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXX
I was reading and just noticed I have just purchased the same trailer you have here in East TN,

Sarge
SARGE/AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
ORD , Nebraska
We've got one.

terrydebbie,

We have a '77 '31 Sovereign with the foldout bed / dinette. Is this the fold out table location you were speaking of If so, you can have ours We are still keeping the bed / sofa as we are living it it currently. Currently we're in Winslow AZ but will be in Nebraska early next week. I'll box it up and UPS it for the cost of the box and shipping. If you'd like more photos PM me and I'll send'em over.

Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sofa Sleeper.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	63022   Click image for larger version

Name:	Table.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	63023  

welld.geo is offline   Reply With Quote