Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #1

Hattiesburg , Mississippi
1973 Argosy

I found a 1973 Argosy in my area today. It's being sold as is. The owner says it's gutted and a good fixer upper.

I haven't gotten a chance to look at it in person. I've asked for some interior pictures and a length (neither provided in the listing.) Below is the picture they included. They're asking about 500.

I'm not opposed to it being gutted (depending on what exactly they mean by that) as I plan on doing a pretty big overhaul to any trailer I get to fit it to my needs. I am ignorant as to the prices for Argosy that's gutted. I'm assuming the axles and wheels are in bad condition from sitting there. (I live in the south, so I'm assuming rust will be a problem as well, though I don't know that for sure.)

Is it worth it? I don't have the money to just throw at a project that's going to be a sinkhole. If I can get something lasting with some work and money, that's a very different story.

Thoughts?
bhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

If it were near me I would buy it for that price without looking at it. The door lock and a the glass are worth the asking price, the hubcaps are worth $50 each and it would bring the asking price at the scrap yard if nothing else. It appears to be a 24' trailer
A bucket of soapy water and elbow grease will do wonders for it as it appears strait and complete.
RichardT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1973, 1973 argosy, gut