Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #1

1969 21' Globetrotter
Lake Havasu City , Arizona
1969 Airstream Globetrotter's Value

I am considering buying this 1969 Airstream Globetrotter. The guy has it in his yard for sale. The inside has all original parts and is in great condition. Just needs some trim work and some elbow grease. What would be the value of this for a private party purchase? I am considering buying it to upsell as I am a single mom of 4 kids. He's asking $3600 but I can probably talk him down to $3000. What would I be able to upsell it for?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Swimlabrador
swimlabrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:44 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
This may help...

Price vs. Condition - Airstream Values

However, if you hang around here for long, you won't want to sell it!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:25 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1969 23' Safari
New Orleans , Louisiana
if it's original parts, few or no body dings, good glass, even WITH shot axles (which is probably has), in my opinion $3K would be a good price. do some research here, buy an icepick to check the floors behind cabinets/closets etc... good luck
fotochop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #4

1969 21' Globetrotter
Lake Havasu City , Arizona
Thanks for the response. I happened to view your work and wanted to let you know that I loved it. I am a photographer out here in Arizona and noticed that someone gutted the insides and called it his new 'studio'. I thought that was you but later realized it wasn't the same person. Do you print your own work? Are you into digital? I have been pro for 5 years but hobbiest for 18. Do you think it would be a good flip to buy the airstream 69 or don't even bother? Realistically, do you think it would be worth my time and effort? Thank you for your input.
Swimlabrador
swimlabrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:04 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1969 23' Safari
New Orleans , Louisiana
"flip"??? did you say "flip the airstream" ?? GASP! (2nd) GASP!

Perish the thought, mon frere! 3 grand for a mostly-original GLOBETROTTER!!! ARGH! buy it! DO NOT SELL IT! keep it. repair it. love it. devote yourself to it. commit to it. why? you ask... I'll tell you in one word. The word is "vessel". right. VESSEL. the same word sailors and pilots use to describe their vehicles. but in this case not only is your vessel used to transport you to exotic locales in style and comfort, it is the "vessel" in which you create and hold your DREAMS. ("dang how often does this dude get high in his trailer?" you're wondering.. hahahahaaaa...no, I quit a long time ago...)

but seriously: you haven't been infected with the aluminitus virus yet, but if you do you won't be able to flip it. it will make YOU flip... hard to articulate this stuff, really, but when you get hit with the bug it becomes much MORE than just a travel trailer. it becomes this semi-sacred vessel that you roam and dream in and you just can't imagine being without it...

thanks for the nice words about my pix, btw... yes, I print my own b/w for (hard to believe) 35 years now (my first darkroom was in '72 and started out as an excuse to make out with my then-girl, Penny...well I must have gotten carried away...) yes, I do all digital on the commercial side now, but still some 'fine-art' b/w type stuff. actually, one reason I got the AS was to have a mobile studio/shop ala Irving Penn's "World's In a Small Room" (my fave photo book)....now if I can just FINISH this dang bathroom!!

seriously, if the GT is mostly-cherry and outside dent' free, I'll drive to AZ and buy it myself!! I was going to get a GT before I found the Safari...
fotochop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:19 PM   #6
1965 airstream

1965 26' Overlander
Bluff City , Tennessee
we purchased a 1965 overlander international about a month ago and paid
$3500. The floor needs to be replaced-some weak spots and one broken window but overall in real good shape.We will restore and replace the refrigerator.I think you could not go wrong by getting it for $3000