Old 08-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeatAirstream View Post
But...

The upper cabinets with the sliding doors and back lighting costs more on an International Signature and International Serenity than a Flying Cloud.

2014 International models have a Corian countertop in the galley, the Flying Cloud has Laminate.

roll up shades which cost over $100.00 each and the Flying Cloud has Aluminum Mini blinds valued at $40.00 each.

There are also more interior designer touches in the Internationals that increases their price.
We hate the sliding doors in our LE EB and really prefer the ease of storage access and quantity afforded by the FC overhead bins; we miss the bins dearly. The back / diffused lighting is great for show, but decreases to nil when we put our comforter into the upper storage in the FB.

The roller shades are a nice touch, but wait until they malfunction and/ or need to be replaced. We like to store our EB with the shades down to prevent any sun fading, but are already noticing a decrease in roller tension.

I don't mean to rain, but merely express our observtions, too.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #16
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
I love my Intl CCD. The light that plays off the aluminum interior is beautiful, but, oh, those roller shades! I have already replaced one of them due to the separation of the black out portion from the rest of the shade. I will be replacing two more shades before my warranty expires. They are expensive and were originally designed for boats. I have been very careful with them, but you MUST roll them absolutely straight into their cassettes or the edges fray very badly. The other issue is the sides of the trailer curve and the shade does not....thus you have a fair amount of light spilling through. (Has anyone figured out how this can be remedied??)

ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Quote:
But...

The upper cabinets with the sliding doors and back lighting costs more on an International Signature and International Serenity than a Flying Cloud.

2014 International models have a Corian countertop in the galley, the Flying Cloud has Laminate.

The Ebony or Asian Sand laminate costs more by the sheet than the gold alchemy used on the Flying Cloud.

The International Signature and Serenity models have Ocean Air roller shades which cost over $100.00 each and the Flying Cloud has Aluminum Mini blinds valued at $40.00 each.

There are also more interior designer touches in the Internationals that increases their price.
Yes good to bring out points of difference. I will add though that this Feb was at a show in FL and walked through a new International with white canvas curtains. I asked about it and was told, "some things have changed, by the sales guy standing in the unit. (It shocked me because I like those british roller shades and have those canvas ones just like I saw) but from what Babs says above, I guess nothing is perfect.

The differences really get fun when you consider the Safari line from about '03-08/09" I always shopped new before buying used and a Safari I had never heard of. Interestingly they have the padded ceiling and walls of the Classic, the lockers and cabinets of a Flying Cloud and the windows of a Sport. Crazy but that's one small part of what makes this a hobby right? - model info.