Old 01-07-2017, 08:24 PM   #29

2004 25' Safari
Gold Canyon , Arizona
Midtown service.

Some people have obviously had better service then I have experienced in Penticton. My unit went for major service in September 2015. When the job
was not completed a month later a request was made to have the unit winterized. When the unit was picked up in January the water system was filled with antifreeze but the boiler had not been drained and had burst. They refused to take responsibility for it, and haven't seen me since.

Old 01-07-2017, 08:51 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
Penticton went out of their way to go to bat for me when I had issues with the micropulse monitoring system on our 2014 International by having Airstream pay for the install of Seelevel and a complete leak test .
No I have no issues with them. Sorry you didn't get good service.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:53 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
When going to pick up an Airstream you only count the outbound trip as time spent. The return trip is the first adventure in the new lifestyle.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:31 AM   #32
1 Rivet Member

Sackville , New Brunswick
...Just to let you know, we decided to go with Canam-RV. After getting quotes from all available options, Can-am turned out to be the best offer. This made more so by the differences between Quebec and Ontario Sales tax.

This factor plus the gushing recommendations led to the ultimate decision that it was worth the drive. We have already started the paperwork. See you this summer in our Sport!
Old 01-11-2017, 06:39 AM   #33
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Port Dover , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime_Jon View Post
... This made more so by the differences between Quebec and Ontario Sales tax.
Congratulations on your purchase.

If you register the trailer in your home province you will need to pay the sales tax there and should be exempt from paying the Ontario taxes. Check with Can-Am on how to avoid paying both taxes because you are exporting the Airstream to your home province.

"Sales of goods that are delivered by the supplier to destinations outside the province are exempt from PST within the province where the supplier is located; however, these goods are subject to PST in the province where they are consumed. If a company ships goods to three provinces, that company must comply with the collection and remittance of three different provincial sales taxes (where applicable) to each of the three provincial tax authorities."
WBCCI #6497

“One test is worth a thousand 'expert' opinions”
Sign at Boeing headquarters, posted by test pilot Alvin “Tex” Johnston, c1948
Adventure.AS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:10 AM   #34
1 Rivet Member

Sackville , New Brunswick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure.AS View Post
Congratulations on your purchase.

If you register the trailer in your home province you will need to pay the sales tax there and should be exempt from paying the Ontario taxes. Check with Can-Am on how to avoid paying both taxes because you are exporting the Airstream to your home province.

"Sales of goods that are delivered by the supplier to destinations outside the province are exempt from PST within the province where the supplier is located; however, these goods are subject to PST in the province where they are consumed. If a company ships goods to three provinces, that company must comply with the collection and remittance of three different provincial sales taxes (where applicable) to each of the three provincial tax authorities."
Uhm, but its not being delivered. I am purchasing it in Ontario. But I am registering it in NB. OK I'm confused. Anyone have official links that can clear this up?
Old 01-14-2017, 02:17 PM   #35
1 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Sainte-Julie , Quebec
Roulotte Ste-Anne

Roulotte Ste-Anne is the closest dealer for you.

The problem is not where you buy it, it's where to service it after.
most of the time when you are not a customer, you pass the last .....

i bought 2 units At Rv Canada and 1 at Roulotte Ste-Anne

For the Taxe, you don't pay the local one but you pay you're own at the registration to get you're licence plate