Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-27-2015, 08:01 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Raleigh , North Carolina
Wanted: 30'-35' Center Bath AS for Modernization

Currently looking for a 30'-35' center bath AS. Our ultimate goal is to get it ready for full-time living, so we were trying to stay as close to $4,000 as possible, since we intend to re-insulate & modernize everything. However we would go up in price for things like the center/side bath, working fridge/furnace, no major dents, keeping in mind that our total project budget is $12,000.

Deal breakers are any repair that would require a "shell off" procedure (frame damage/separation &/or complete floor replacement).

We would prefer a center bath, but could handle relocating the bath if it was the right AS.

We are located in Raleigh, NC but are willing to travel. Hopefully the seller would be OK with us having an inspector check it prior to traveling a long distance.

If you have an AS that you think we would be interested in, or know someone who has one that fits the mold, PLEASE send me a message. I'm on here daily.
julesean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:55 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Don't forget to keep an eye on the forum classifieds. Be careful of any Craigslist ads. Too many scammers lurking there these days.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:59 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Raleigh , North Carolina
oh i troll the airstream classifieds probably more than i should during the day. sometimes it's a welcome distraction/break from my nursing school studies.

Craigslist is like the wild west. Sometimes you get people who know what they're talking about...but most of the time it's people who have no clue trying to sell you. If I get a scammer I usually like to drag them along as long as possible w/out giving them any info. What can I say, I like to waste their time and string them along before reporting them.

In the mean time I'm educating myself with the "restoring a dream" book, listening to theVAP, and getting lost in the airforums.
julesean is offline   Reply With Quote