Old 07-10-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
Los Angeles , California
WANTED: 19' (or 20') Flying Cloud

Hello Everyone! This is my first post on this friendly site of yours so bare with me! I have already found lots of helpful go-to information but it was suggested I post exactly what I'm looking for right here.

Again, I would like a 19' or 20' Flying Cloud preferrably with a solid and clean exterior and the interior gutted. I say gutted b/c I want to convert this baby into a partial kitchen space. I need to "bring it to code" in order to get a food permit. My end goal is to have it code ready and workable to serve food out of. Not necessarily to cook the food IN the trailer. I have a list of guidelines the trailer must have. IE a plumbed 3-compartment sink and a permanently installed hand washing sink.

Please advise, do you agree it would be better for the trailer to be gutted and therefore I would be able to install exactlly what is required? In my searches, it does seem flying clouds are harder to come by??? Is this true? Also, help me narrow done what span of years I should be hoping to find, ie; 1950's or 1960's...etc.

I appreciate any and all advice!!!! What a beautiful place to share and talk about something everyone here is so passionate about! Thank you for having me.

Trisha Bean

trishabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Welcome Trisha. Glad you've joined us. In order to assist with your request for info, I think one must know more about the weight of the materials, equipment and supplies you plan on putting in this trailer. The older units were lighter in weight and may be able to accomodate your needs but more info would be helpful before making a recommendation to you.

4CU 2699 / AIR 10 / TAC AZ-1

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote