Old 10-12-2018, 07:04 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Montgomery , Alabama
Try Before You Buy Flying Cloud 25FB Twin- Alabama

I am considering putting my Airstream out there for short, medium term rentals. I am considering doing this for two reasons: 1. I wish we had had the ability to rent an Airstream before we purchased and I thought there would be others that could benefit from the experience before plunking down a bunch of cash. 2. We are not using the Airstream as much as we would like and thought it might be a good idea to let others use it to make their own memories. If you are in the Southeast and want to try an Airstream out for a few days, weeks or even months maybe we can work something out. Pictures are available upon request. This is a 2011 model in excellent condition!

334-799-1584

streamlynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:19 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
hendersonville , North Carolina
Renting out Airstream

Man, your brave. Your going to get clobbered with "Never ever rent out or lend your Airstream" responses. I would suggest checking with your insurance company and having the family lawyer draw up a proper rental agreement. Get a LARGE ($$$$$) deposit. Make very sure they are versed in Airstream and RV operations. Take lots of Time/Date coded pics with client before they drive off. You get the picture. Make sure you cover all your bases if you do go forward with renting your baby out. Keep us posted on how it works out. Best of luck.

uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:31 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Northridge , California
You might want to check out outdoorsy.com. Ive seen a few Airstreams on the site.
LilNomad
LiLNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:00 PM   #4
Wheels Itch)(Must Travel

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
- east coastal area - , Florida
Nooooooooo!
Don’t do it!
Would you rent/lease out your child to a couple who are not sure they really want a kid and figure they would try out/practice with someone else’s before deciding.

Of course I feel the same way about my toothbrush.

IMO- this is a bad Idea. While most renters are fine - there are the few that will not treat your baby as they should.
az-streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:15 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Watertown , Massachusetts
Insurance

As someone else suggested - talk to your insurance company. I'm guessing that doing this will void your insurance and if someone damages it you will be out of luck. This will especially be true if you do it without talking to your insurance company. The amount of money for a deposit that you would have to charge defeats the renter's ability to "try before they plunk down a lot of money" idea.

You didn't say, but are you talking about letting someone tow it? Or are you talking about letting them live in it once it's at some camping / parking place? The first -NO, the second - I wouldn't but, hey, it's your risk not mine.

The amount of money you can make this way is not going to be worth it, IMO.
sallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:48 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Woodinville , Washington
The commercial version of what you propose is airstream2go.com. I've met its executive director several times on Airstream rallies and talked with her about her experiences in the Airstream rental market. My understanding is that their rental fees are very large, because of the risk involved, and that they no longer rent out to individuals, only to businesses, because of the damage resulting from individual rentals. If you want to pursue your proposal, I'd suggest that you consult with others who have done what you propose; at least that should open your eyes further to its results in other hands. Not that what you propose is a "bad idea." Only that talking with others should give you a better idea of your potential results.
"BigDog": M Harlequin Great Dane, 150 lb
WL7Z --- NAUI --- WSBA
Rgentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:38 PM   #7

2017 25' International
Taylors , South Carolina
Take a look at Outdoorsy https://www.outdoorsy.com
Kind of like Airbnb for recreational vehicles. Many swear by it. At the end of the day you get to select who you rent to.

Ingrampc is offline   Reply With Quote