Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-28-2014, 11:52 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Hilton head island , South Carolina
storing out of state for the winter

How many do this? We live in SC and this winter was one of the coldest. After our purchase we plan on spending a lot of weekends in South Florida but it would be hard to make the 5-7 hour trip with the airstream so much. Since we would not be going many other places but Florida for a couple months I had the idea we could get a storage unit or spot for 2-3 months each winter thus making the drive down easier. That could then be our home base for Key West, Maimi, Naples, Ft LD, Tampa etc..

Does anyone do this?
Would you have safety concerns leaving your airstream so far away during the week?
We work full time buy have the option to work 4 10s a few times a year. So with that, holiday's and vacation we plan on getting to south florida at least half of winter weekends and a extended week stay or two.
coastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
I like driving with my Airstream in tow better than driving solo. I would worry about a storage lot to the point of not doing it unless I had to. If you are 55+ Travelers Rest Resort would be a great place to get a site for a couple of months and is a very safe place to leave a trailer. We leave a trailer there year around. Check out the website.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:50 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Bill M, dogs allowed there now? Jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote