Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-14-2006, 06:44 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
Saw Beautiful '06 Bambi 16' For Sale - 75th Edition

Ok, this is going to be perfect for someone on Airstream Forums. It is an '06 Bambi 16' Special Edition 75th Anniversary trailer in Corpus Christi, Tx. It was made 11/05 and has seen some use. It has a really unique floor plan with a rear bedroom with wrap around windows, side galley on street side and side wetbath on curb side and a front dinette with wrap around windows. The wrap around windows make the trailer feel especially light and airy. The interior has the brushed aluminum like the CCD. There are many extra touches like the holly and teak stripped floor like a fine yacht and the cushions for the dinette are made from memory foam. It seems to be loaded with special options.

It is a consignment trailer located at CCRV in Corpus Christi. (361) 937-8887 ask for Ron Guerin and tell him Bob Thompson told you about it on Airstream Forums. They are asking $47k but will likely take less. I saw this trailer as I was headed out to go windsurfing and just had to stop and get the details. I hope it is just what you are looking for. Good Luck.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:59 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Windsurfing?

Hey Bob,

Noticed you windsurf. Any plans to make it to 'The Gorge' this summer? I'll be there for 6 weeks starting July 1 (or close to it). drop me a line if you're headed up that way.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:49 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
Hi Lew, I'm the sail repair guy here in Corpus Christi so it's impossible for me to get away during the summer. I'm up to my eyeballs in rebuilding sails and doing custom kite equipment. I was the guy who taught Lisa and Cindy from Sail-Fix.com in Pine Island, Fla. to repair sails. From my emails with them, they've told me they'll be in the Gorge for the summer too, so you may run into some fellow west coast of Florida sailors.

We usually travel during the month of September when the winds die here and it becomes hotter 'n hell. We also get away in January when the rainy drizzles set in here. I have to admit, it would be fun to get to the Gorge for a whole month in July. I love it when it blows 30+.

Have fun up there in the Gorge!
Bob T.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:52 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2005 22' Safari
Santa Ana , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster
Hey Bob,

Noticed you windsurf. Any plans to make it to 'The Gorge' this summer? I'll be there for 6 weeks starting July 1 (or close to it). drop me a line if you're headed up that way.
Lew,

What do you do at the Gorge? Before my daughter was born my wife and I traveled there every Aug. for Dave Matthews Band.

The Gorge, in my opinion, is the best venue out there

Alan
"Life is like a box of chocolates..." Forrest Gump
Killo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:02 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
The Columbia River Gorge is world famous for it's high winds during the summer and it draws windsurfers and kitesurfers from all over the world. Wonderful Place!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:04 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
I did a little research and found this which is just like the one in Corpus Christi: http://www.rvsearch.com/findrv/index...60/vid-209544/

It appears the trailer here in Corpus Christi is overpriced especially if it is used. All depends on how much they would actually accept for it.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:47 AM   #7
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Thompson
I did a little research and found this which is just like the one in Corpus Christi: http://www.rvsearch.com/findrv/index...60/vid-209544/

It appears the trailer here in Corpus Christi is overpriced especially if it is used. All depends on how much they would actually accept for it.
I bought my 19CCD from Bates. That is the full MSRP on that Quicksilver. Pricey little bugger, isn't it? They will deal on that especially if it's been on the lot for a while. If anyone is interested in this, give Don Harkins at Bates a call. He is the salesman that I dealt with and is a straight shooter....very laid back also! I'm sure an offer of 15% off will be a done deal...maybe more!
Old 06-15-2006, 06:51 AM   #8
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killo1
Lew,

What do you do at the Gorge? Before my daughter was born my wife and I traveled there every Aug. for Dave Matthews Band.

The Gorge, in my opinion, is the best venue out there

Alan
Alan, I believe you are referring to the 'Gorge' ampitheater that is located in George, Washington (catchy name for a town, eh?). Anyway, that venue is located up towards Seattle and is about a 2+ hour drive from Hood River,OR the windsurfing epicenter of North America located along the Columbia River about an hour East of Portland.

I agree, great place to hear great music!
Old 06-15-2006, 08:47 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2005 22' Safari
Santa Ana , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster
Alan, I believe you are referring to the 'Gorge' ampitheater that is located in George, Washington (catchy name for a town, eh?). Anyway, that venue is located up towards Seattle and is about a 2+ hour drive from Hood River,OR the windsurfing epicenter of North America located along the Columbia River about an hour East of Portland.

I agree, great place to hear great music!
Yes, that's correct. "The Gorge" ampitheater. I was so excited just to hear the name "Gorge" I forgot to substantiate.
"Life is like a box of chocolates..." Forrest Gump
Killo1 is offline   Reply With Quote