Old 09-14-2008, 11:18 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member
1997 28' Excella
Eden , Utah
American Oil Companies

You can always find out which oil companys and gas stations are American owned.At least you will keep the money in our economy,and not some country that hates us!!

You think we got long gas lines now, can you imagine if everyone just supported American owned oil companies!

HankO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #30
2 Rivet Member
1997 28' Excella
Eden , Utah
Job Security

Fortunate for me I work for the railroad,they cant send that job anywhere.beleive me,if they could they would.

Don't kid yourself, NAFTA opened up the border for truck drivers allowing them to come into USA unrestriced to point of delivery, taking away American Jobs. You can be sure the Association of Railroads are interested in doing the same thing. I've seen thousands of Union Jobs go to outside contractors, It's just a matter of time and the rest will find the same demise.

HankO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:38 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member
1966 20' Globetrotter
hogansville , Georgia
one word!

evelitalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #32
1976 Argosy 24
-- , Georgia
The price hikes were unfortunate for us since we rallied this weekend. Already cost us $30 extra for the weekend. I'm not filling the TV with overpriced gas until I have to. I only bought 2 gallons to cover the trip from our trailer storage to home, and the pump I used had a sign "requesting" customers purchase no more than 10 gallons. $3.89/gal there.

I am not sure about the "shortage" hype just yet. But, the nearest Quik-Trip was completely out of gas with a policeman on duty in the parking lot. I guess "something" might have "happened" there.

1976 24' Argosy
1973 International Harvester Travelette 1210 4x4 'Bernard' 164" WB
1997 Georgie Boy 30' SuperDuty v10
Ike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:01 PM   #33
Rivet Master
1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
The BP had a Regular price of $3.55 per gallon last week in Tullahoma, TN. It jumped several times to the now $4.09 per gallon. Funny, the price across the street for Mapco Express (was Conoco) was $4.35 yesterday and today. What is even funnier is that my sister in Corpus Christi, TX. told me that gas has only gone up 20 cents where she fills up and the refineries there never shut down as the hurricane went north of them.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:55 PM   #34
4 Rivet Member
1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
In South Central KY the price of gas has jumped from 3.48 to 3.99 a gallon and the gas stations will not let you get more than 10 gallons. Strange since the price fell rapidly today, me thinks someone is GOUGING!!!

63Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:53 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
"Corporate Greed"

Hi, My opinion is what I call Corporate Greed. Did you notice how when a product is produced in another country how much lower the price became? .................. Gee! I didn't either. .......... Example: [short version] Pillsbury had a factory in San Diego, Ca. and a news company did some interviews of employees. One lady who worked there doing a certain job was paid about $4.75 per hour. Pillsbury moved to Mexico. The same news company interviewed a lady employeed there doing the same job as the previously mentioned worker. When asked how much she made, doing this job, her answer was $4.35; Then the news person asked $4.35 what? Her answer was $4.35 per-eight-hour-day. Who's pocket did that go into? I didn't save a dime on that transaction. "Corporate Greed." Chinese Marathons are half price now, right? Same thing. "Corporate Greed."

Note: these are my opinions and how I view this situation.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:07 AM   #36
Restorations done right
Commercial Member
1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
But Bob, some will tell you that is capitalism. They will wrap a flag around themselves and tell you that is the American way. That the company is responsible to the stock holders to provide them with a return.
It has become nearly impossible to be to be a responsible consumer in this global economy.

Buying american oil is a fallacy, it is all sold on the open market and goes all over the place. Unless you have a well and a refinery in your back yard, it most likely is not from America.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:29 AM   #37
2008 684 International
Harrogate , North Yorkshire
Here in the UK accross the pond we are paying over 5.50 a gallon Over $10 dollars. You still have a long long way top go to catch us up.

Berberman is offline   Reply With Quote