Old 07-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #15

Currently Looking...
Denver , Colorado
my frustration is there isn't a phone number. so my emails go into cyberspace.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

2004 25' Classic
Otterbein , Indiana
I have responded to all requests for additional information about my 25' Classic for sale. On the flip side, if you are a seller, BEWARE of scammers!! They texted me asking if it is still available. I sent them many photos. THEY WANT TO BUY!!! They want me to send them my PayPal email address so they can pay me that way. Whoa! Too good to be true....they didn't ask some of the questions I would want to ask if I were a buyer -- how was it used? smokers? pets? etc, etc. They have a 'pick-up agent' who will deliver the Airstream to them for $750. Here's how the scam works -- they send me a FAKE email saying that my asking price plus $750 has been deposited to my account....and I have to send the $750 in money order to the 'pick-up agent' --- they don't care about the Airstream, they didn't deposit any money in my account, they just want me to be stupid enough to believe them and send $750 to THEM. Not going to work! I haven't seen any alerts like this on Airstream Forum. Did I just miss them?

Old 07-20-2014, 09:12 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
I have found several scammer sellers. They were reported and removed. I am sure there are scammer buyers as well. Had the owner of the trailer I was interested answered their phone when I called, their trailer would be sold that same night.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:27 AM   #18
Bex
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
I just asked a seller (from another site) to send me a pic of a window repair. At least he responded but will not forward a pic. Says he has had the window repaired with Lexan and its sealed perfectly, but still will not show me.
Do these folks not know how to sell?

A wise man once told me he wanted to stay fit enough to run a marathon on his hundredth birthday. Another said he wanted to be shot by a jealous husband on his, I'm with the latter. God bless you Richard.

Carpet Cleaning is what I do, it's not who I am.
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

1998 31' Land Yacht
lafayette , Colorado
List ads

The good is being able to locate stuff you want. The bad is of course filtering out garbage & cluelessness.(Did I just make up a word?). IMHO pie in the sky pricing is the hardest to deal with & the easiest to understand. if it cost 20.00 for an ad for 14 days (like the old news paper days) you didn't renew without a "real" price. I'm seeing 2x NADA prices but I doubt anyone is buying close to that. Patience & research.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #20
Bex
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
On the flip side, I have a substantial collection of A/S pats, fixtures and fittings. All new, old stock. I stopped advertising them here because folks were looking for "better than salvage" pricing and yet they would not think (I suspect) to enter into negotiations over price with Vintage trailer Supply or Inland RV. Perhaps I ought to have just set up an E-store with fixed pricing.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:15 AM   #21

Okay this is my new baby. Since mine are grown and my investments have stopped. I was thinking of fixing her up. She (AS) belonged to my deceased father in law. She sat out in the elements and leaked from sun rotted vent cover. Original certificate still inside closet. I believe it is 1960 Caravel. 2nd picture is floor in entry. 3rd. Is the sink water purifier and fridge.4th picture is the original couch and storage. I think this will be a tough/lengthy frame off restoration. But what a diamond in the rough. I have not learned to navigate this forum but I have never towed either. So I have lots to learn. My husband is freaking out on me "its too small" me: its free. Any words of wisdom? As far as selling....how do you value something you feel is just perfect with TLC and lots of it. The only thing out right that I see missing is commode and propane tank. My email is ginanoel@hotmail.com.
Just in case I cannot find my post. The last picture has a part on top of mattress not sure what it is
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1412175490159.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	223305   Click image for larger version

Name:	1412175748993.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	223306  

Name:	1412175798663.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	223307   Click image for larger version

Name:	1412176394457.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	223308  

Name:	1412176422420.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	223309  
Old 01-27-2015, 08:49 AM   #22
1 Rivet Member

Raleigh , North Carolina
ugh. totally feeling the no response pain right now. i've put out at least 4 requests for sellers to contact me and haven't heard a peep from anyone in 2 wks.
Trying to be patient, but it's hard.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:59 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I think the problem that many of the ads are placed by new no post members. They do not know enough to check back for interest on there ads. Many forums require a new member make a certain number of post prior to placing a classified ad. That should be the policy here, unfortunately management does not apparently agree.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:44 AM   #24
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
I think the problem that many of the ads are placed by new no post members. They do not know enough to check back for interest on there ads. Many forums require a new member make a certain number of post prior to placing a classified ad. That should be the policy here, unfortunately management does not apparently agree.
I think you are on to something. And the one's who don't post their phone number, I wouldn't even bother.

We reached out to 4 different people. We actually found our Airstream posted on here, but the guy actually listed his phone number, and we called.

Post your # folks!!!
Old 01-27-2015, 11:24 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldAdventure View Post
I think you are on to something. And the one's who don't post their phone number, I wouldn't even bother.

We reached out to 4 different people. We actually found our Airstream posted on here, but the guy actually listed his phone number, and we called.

Post your # folks!!!
Ditto, same for me last April when I sold my Bambi II and found my Safari. Phone numbers are a must. When trying sell something I will no longer respond to text due to all the crooks and data miners. I had a totally different experience back early last year when the ads were over run by no post scammers. At least that seems to have settled down a bit.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:26 PM   #26
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
When I posted my Avion at least one if the responses came through as junk. If the seller doesn't check his junk file, he will never see it. Sold the Avion in a couple days.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:35 PM   #27
The Sign Lady

1969 23' Safari
1974 Argosy 22
1964 24' Tradewind
Victoria , British Columbia
Possible way to avoid scams?

So then, this poses a question I have. I will be selling a trailer in the spring. In your guys opinion would I be better off posting only a phone number in my ad so as to avoid the infiltration of attempted scammers? At least then I could see their area code...
Old 01-27-2015, 02:28 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
grants pass , Oregon
phone number

I will never post my phone number in any ad I post,due to scammers.

1987 Avion 34X

1985 Avion 30R
Airline is offline   Reply With Quote