Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2014, 07:06 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Denver , Colorado
No Answer on Airstreamclassifieds.com

Hello! Anyone have problems getting a response from sellers on airstreamclassifieds.com? All they have listed is their email contact on the site, no phone number.
I have left 2 messages each to 2 sellers, and haven't heard a peep.

Is this common? Do they just leave their ads online long after they are sold?

Not a happy camper, yet!

Thanks!

TJ
TJ Travels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:26 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
I've only ever had one response to a legitimate ad. Sent another one today and called. No response so far.
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy 28
Irrigon , Oregon
In the last two weeks I have had one respond the other one never did. Their loss on selling their items.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
It seems that most of these non-responders are new members that only join to post their ad. I would guess that they do not bother to check their ads or do not even know how.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:42 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
It's a shame, there is one I would go get tomorrow if they would just answer the phone. Maybe the ads should only be allowed to run for 2 weeks...
Old 07-16-2014, 08:48 PM   #6
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprez View Post
It's a shame, there is one I would go get tomorrow if they would just answer the phone. Maybe the ads should only be allowed to run for 2 weeks...
A few years ago, that was kind of how it was. Then, when the ad got deleted because they never responded to questions, they would raise all kinds of cain about why the ad was pulled.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:51 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Free ads 2 weeks. Featured ads can stay the same. IMHO.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:29 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Some forums require a minimum number of discussion post before a member can place a free ad. I would suggest 10 post as the requirement and limit period of free ad to 30 days.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:47 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
I'd go along with that. I am about to head out for Gulfport again. Might be coming home with a new 25A!
Old 07-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
So, I was sitting at the dealer working out a deal on a 2014 25 FC and guess who calls? the guy with the used trailer that I was interested in. By that time I had my deal worked out and was very happy with the price I got from Foley. To the seller who didn't call me back last nigh -- you snooze you lose.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:49 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Tonganoxie , Kansas
It would be nice if when the trailer sold,they would pull the add, or maybe, post what the actual selling price was. Would be good info for us that are still looking. I sold a pickup camper last week on Craig's list and when it went down the driveway,I deleted the ad, and sent a text to the other callers that inquired about it.
TWA640316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:16 PM   #12

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWA640316 View Post
I sold a pickup camper last week on Craig's list and when it went down the driveway,I deleted the ad, and sent a text to the other callers that inquired about it.
Well, that's the polite way to handle it. Unfortunately not everyone is so polite!

I would also like to see a list of real world sales reports. I'm always curious how much I should be insuring my trailer for. Of course for vintage trailers, the prices fluctuate so wildly based on condition, it probably wouldn't help much.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:24 PM   #13
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Most people selling things seem to have no clue. I responded to several CL listings for a small SOB. One finally texted me back 3 weeks later and asked if I was still interested. I texted her within an hour of when the ad was first posted and got no reply, I also called and emailed.

I have almost given up on buying things from "lists".

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #14

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I have done very well with Craigslist. Sometimes I never hear back, but 9 out of 10 times I do. Just this weekend I scored a top for my Miata off a wrecked car that was being parted out. It's worth it when you do find the bargain!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:32 AM   #15

Currently Looking...
Denver , Colorado
my frustration is there isn't a phone number. so my emails go into cyberspace.
TJ Travels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:09 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

2004 25' Classic
Otterbein , Indiana
I have responded to all requests for additional information about my 25' Classic for sale. On the flip side, if you are a seller, BEWARE of scammers!! They texted me asking if it is still available. I sent them many photos. THEY WANT TO BUY!!! They want me to send them my PayPal email address so they can pay me that way. Whoa! Too good to be true....they didn't ask some of the questions I would want to ask if I were a buyer -- how was it used? smokers? pets? etc, etc. They have a 'pick-up agent' who will deliver the Airstream to them for $750. Here's how the scam works -- they send me a FAKE email saying that my asking price plus $750 has been deposited to my account....and I have to send the $750 in money order to the 'pick-up agent' --- they don't care about the Airstream, they didn't deposit any money in my account, they just want me to be stupid enough to believe them and send $750 to THEM. Not going to work! I haven't seen any alerts like this on Airstream Forum. Did I just miss them?
NCGrenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:12 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
I have found several scammer sellers. They were reported and removed. I am sure there are scammer buyers as well. Had the owner of the trailer I was interested answered their phone when I called, their trailer would be sold that same night.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #18
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
I just asked a seller (from another site) to send me a pic of a window repair. At least he responded but will not forward a pic. Says he has had the window repaired with Lexan and its sealed perfectly, but still will not show me.
Do these folks not know how to sell?

A wise man once told me he wanted to stay fit enough to run a marathon on his hundredth birthday. Another said he wanted to be shot by a jealous husband on his, I'm with the latter. God bless you Richard.

Carpet Cleaning is what I do, it's not who I am.
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:55 AM   #19
3 Rivet Member

1998 31' Land Yacht
lafayette , Colorado
List ads

The good is being able to locate stuff you want. The bad is of course filtering out garbage & cluelessness.(Did I just make up a word?). IMHO pie in the sky pricing is the hardest to deal with & the easiest to understand. if it cost 20.00 for an ad for 14 days (like the old news paper days) you didn't renew without a "real" price. I'm seeing 2x NADA prices but I doubt anyone is buying close to that. Patience & research.
garypk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:24 PM   #20
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
On the flip side, I have a substantial collection of A/S pats, fixtures and fittings. All new, old stock. I stopped advertising them here because folks were looking for "better than salvage" pricing and yet they would not think (I suspect) to enter into negotiations over price with Vintage trailer Supply or Inland RV. Perhaps I ought to have just set up an E-store with fixed pricing.
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote