Old 10-26-2010, 02:31 PM   #43
2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
Update,....I'm Very and still Happy with the Craftsman ship and finish on my Airstream. Couldn't have made a better decision to buy NEW!!!!! I highly reccomend it.

"Stay Thirsty My Friends"

Tow Vehicle" 2011 Superduty Diesel!!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #44
2 Rivet Member
2011 23' International
Tafton , Pennsylvania
We've owned 2 new Airstreams and loved them both. Sure, there have been a couple of minor issues, but our dealer - Colonial Airstream - has enthusiastically taken care of any and all issues. I may find a vintage AS in the future, but I love the new Serenity with the LED lights for boon docking and recycled interior materials to keep my daughter convinced that I am more than a "large carbon footprint". :-D

To each their own. Just enjoy the opportunity to have experienced one. IMHO, as they say.
Go safely,

nomad3622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:56 PM   #45
Rivet Master
1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
The last time I went to buy a new vehicle. He asked "what amenities" I wanted. The word use to be "Options". When I told him all I want is "a heater and a key" He gave me this blank look and said "We don't have anything Like that". He didn't understand. It was 9 years ago.
3 years ago, a life long friend was selling his 1998 3/4 ton Dodge pickup. I wasn't really in the market for a truck. It had 76K miles on it; no carpet, just rubber floor mats, a 5 speed manual transmission and wind up windows. I bought it. It does have a heater, key and radio. OH! and air conditioning if you want to call it that. It's the first vehicle I've ever had air in.
What was wrong with water heaters and furnaces or refers that didn't have any electronic cicuit boards to go bad? Maybe a thermocouple or heating element every 10 or 15 years. All this fancy stuff in todays units is short lived and expensive to repair, if it can be repaired. In most cases it's replace not repair.
Why do we need hot water mixing valves in a travel trailer.
Of course I am from the last century.

Knowledge: "A gift to be shared. A treasure to receive."
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote