Old 10-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
Nature and Me RV

Does anyone have any direct knowledge of the Airstream dealer in Traverse City, MI called Nature and Me RV? I am doing my due diligence as we look for another Airstream, and would appreciate feedback from anyone who has used them either for purchase of an Airstream or repair.

Thanks in advance. If you are more comfortable sending your comments in a PM, that would be great.

2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Due dilligence starts with checking out the company with the Better Business Bureau. You may also want to see if they're a member of the local Chamber of Commerce.

Neither the BBB or the Chamber is a guarantee of quality service, but if anyone has lodged a complaint, you can find out from those sources.

A quick check shows that "Nature and Me RV" is not BBB accredited, has no BBB compliants filed against them, and has no government actions against them. In other words, a completely neutral non-review. Which at least is better than having complaints or government actions against them, but not as good as being BBB accredited.

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
Someone sent me an email asking about any experience I had with Nature and Me RV. Unfortunately, the email was accidentally deleted before I could respond. I was researching them prior to making a bid on EBay. I was unsuccessful in winning the auction and therefore didn't have any contact with them.
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:25 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
This question would be addition to the membership list from the WBCCI. They could list ALL the certified Airstream dealers and include their location and contact information. Also it could include if the dealer has body body shop.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Online Search

Google the dealership name. In addition to Google Reviews, you can check a number of free reviews like citysearch and manta.

Online reviews aren't always that unbiased - since virtually any kook can make one without fear of being sued for slander - so one bad review or even two shouldn't be taken too seriously. If however you find 40 bad reviews clearly from different people and only 3 or 4 decent ones, well you'll know what to do.

I find that now, a lot of the RV dealerships in our area are actually owned by CAR dealer owners - but they don't seem to work cross selling that much. The RV sales people understand nothing about what makes a good tow vehicle, so they'll tell you you can tow a 34 footer with a Smart Car if they think it will make you purchase!

Paula
Old 11-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2013 28' International
Bozeman , Montana
I stopped in their when in Traverse City last year. I had an issue with the light on my almost new International and thought they might have a replacement LED assembly. They were not very helpful, no offer to look up the part and see if they might have one, etc. From what I could gather, they did not stock many Airstream items.

I have read others that have been happy with them and they did recommend a great nearby bakery.