Old 02-06-2014, 03:47 PM   #29
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Erie , Pennsylvania
Here is some further experience. I went through the classified and asked on any trailer east of the Mississippi river in my length and price range. Only one is still for sale; all the others are sold or pending.

Looked at four dealer websites. Again, all late model in my length range sold or pending.

So how do you buy a used Airstream?

Thanks.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:55 PM   #30

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSELL5000 View Post
Here is some further experience. I went through the classified and asked on any trailer east of the Mississippi river in my length and price range. Only one is still for sale; all the others are sold or pending.

Looked at four dealer websites. Again, all late model in my length range sold or pending.

So how do you buy a used Airstream?

Thanks.
Persist.

Watch the classifieds and catch new listings when they come up (there's a way to subscribe to a new-listings email so you get a message listing all the new ads, that's probably what a lot of other people are doing so give that a try.)

When you find one that seems like the one, check it out ASAP. You may find out it's not really the one, but you may also catch the deal you've been looking for.

Also check craigslist, wbcci and local listings, etc. There are smartphone/tablet apps for craigslist that will let you define a search that you can execute regularly, so you'll get all the new listings in areas you care about.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto — 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:31 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Quote:
What do folks think is the realistic dollar range for a five to ten year old trailer like that? I have been looking at the classifieds on here, but I feel like I don't know enough to draw any conclusions.
Consider half of that amount at 5-6 years although I am certainly not an expert, that is what I found- about half at 5-6 years. There are benefits both ways. I could not pay cash for a new one but I did on the used one- uh at least for less than a year. It did not cost me too much to do that as I juggled the finances. Don't get me wrong, I would like new- my favorite floor plan is the 28' L Lounge with the 25/27 twin bedroom. I am contemplating how to get a lounge like that in my unit - PERFECTION! Anyone ditching one? (ok no hijacking, this is not a furniture thread right?)

Like DKB_SATX said, persist. Don't rush it. The used market is like an ocean tide. It may be out right now but just wait. There are also a lot of people on here that can watch for you too.