Old 03-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
London , n/a
Inspector needed near Manteca, CA

Hi,

I'm looking for someone who can inspect an 1984 Airstream in Manteca that I found on Craigslist.

I'm currently in the UK, and would get my brother to pick it up in Manteca for me if it's goer.

Ideally, I'm after something that has everything pretty much working (fridge/freezer that runs on propane & electric, no leaks, pipes/plumbing in working order, etc.).

I'm going to give the owner a call today to see if it's still available, but wanted to get the ball rolling in regards to inspection help.

I really appreciate the help.

Thanks,
threedjane

Old 03-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #2

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
2 things: First, you'll have a better chance of getting the attention of someone in the area if you look at the list of volunteer inspectors and send PMs, because there's always a good chance that someone otherwise willing just won't see your post.

Second, I think it's hilarious that there's a town in California named after lard.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto — 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
1976 Argosy 28
Lodi , California
I am not listed as an inspector, but am able to check to see if the systems are working. I have a 1969 overlander that I have been working on and using for the last 4 years. Amazing what you learn how to do! I work near Manteca and could arrange to take a look at it.

You may want to call Chris 209-321-0044. He has done a couple of repairs for us and happy with the results. He worked at Manteca RV when it was an airstream dealer and service center.

Manteca is just below Stockton CA so it is appropriately named (just kidding). Rural community getting sucked up by neighboring city and commuters to the bay area.

Michelle
Old 03-10-2013, 03:49 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

London , n/a
Thanks DKB_SATX. I did try the list of inspectors first and the ones nearest to Manteca aren't very near and didn't have the time, so one of them suggested I try posting to the forums.

There's a town here in the UK called Westward Ho! (with exclamation point) - I was very disappointed it wasn't as much fun as it sounded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
2 things: First, you'll have a better chance of getting the attention of someone in the area if you look at the list of volunteer inspectors and send PMs, because there's always a good chance that someone otherwise willing just won't see your post.

Second, I think it's hilarious that there's a town in California named after lard.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:00 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

London , n/a
Hi Michelle,

I'd really appreciate it if you could check the systems for me - last time I bought an RV, a friend did for me and didn't check the piping - when I got back to CA, all of the pipes were broken and I wound up spending an extra $2000 on the thing so I'm trying to get the next one I buy thoroughly checked.

Do you know if Chris would be able to do a full inspection? I'm guessing if not, he might be able to recommend someone.
Is the number you provided his home or work number?

Anyhoo.... I'm keen to make sure that all the systems works - on propane & plugged in where appropriate, axles are fine, etc.

thanks!
- isabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by triterra View Post
I am not listed as an inspector, but am able to check to see if the systems are working. I have a 1969 overlander that I have been working on and using for the last 4 years. Amazing what you learn how to do! I work near Manteca and could arrange to take a look at it.

You may want to call Chris 209-321-0044. He has done a couple of repairs for us and happy with the results. He worked at Manteca RV when it was an airstream dealer and service center.

Manteca is just below Stockton CA so it is appropriately named (just kidding). Rural community getting sucked up by neighboring city and commuters to the bay area.

Michelle
Old 07-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Fairfield , California
I drive near Manteca everyday on my way to fairfield. Let me know how I can help.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

London , n/a
Hi Skylar,

Thanks for responding. I was able to find someone to inspect it and wound up passing on the trailer, but I'm still looking so if I find anything in the Manteca area again, I may hit you up.

thanks!!