Old 10-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Chicago , Illinois
Pink~

Welcome, Im a newbie here too, been hunting for an Airstream for our family here also for about a year. We were interested in the exact unit you have put a deposit on. We are half the distance you are (Chicago). He mentions he will deliver 500 miles. If I were you, I would 1st have an inspector in his area check it out first. There are Airforums inspectors available on the opening page, right hand side. Then if its a good finding, ask the seller how far he will go to meet. Its a start! Good luck! Keep us posted!

Old 10-18-2009, 03:37 PM   #16
Dreaming of Streaming

2004 22' International CCD
Davis/SF , California
Thanks for good wishes Jezibels,
We have contacted a inspector and are in the process of setting up a time to check it out. If we change our minds due to something uncovered during the inspection we will surely pass that info onto this thread.
Smiles,
Pink

Old 10-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Pink, everybody has chimed in here but what you've not disclosed is the length of the trailer and year...

I'm here in Sumter and am in Charleston often. I'm not much with trailers as I'm a MOHO guy, but if I can help let me know.

It has to be a very special deal to make you want to go bi-coastal to make the deal. I would want to do the best I could if I was in the same situation and would suggest that you drive both ways.

I've done the cross country tip many times and suggest that you drive solo and let the family fly with the tickets already available. This way you can rush cross country with all your tools in the TV so that you are ready for any misfortune that may present.

You'll be in your own vehicle and that adds a level of comfort for the family as well.

Solo you can make the trip in 3 days or less. Let me know if I can help.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #18
Dreaming of Streaming

2004 22' International CCD
Davis/SF , California
Great advice thanks Glen,
It is a 2004 CCD International.

2004 Airstream International CCD 22' - Airstream Trailer & Airstream Motorhome Classifieds

This is the link to the ad.

Smiles,
Pink
Old 10-18-2009, 07:54 PM   #19
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman View Post
basically NO.

modern streams like the one in the o.p. have typical 7 pin wiring.

old traylas were wired a variety of wayz and often tweaked by owners or drunken sailors.
Well, that explains the guy in the white dungarees, pullover shirt with a bib collar and funny li'l hat skulking aboot my trlr, reeking of rum and mumbling thingz like "Avast ye" and "Arrrrr, meLad" a while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman View Post
the 7 pin is primarily used of LIGHTS and BLINKERS and SIGNAL FLASHERS on rental trucks.

so the FUSE for the brake wire may not be there, only sticking a mulitmeter in the holes can reveal if any JUICE is present and useable.

cheers
2air'
So mine IS wired bass-ackwards 'coz when Darryl The Welder towed it away, he dint get far b4 stopping, getting oot, and disco/ing the connexshun, as he was ploughing [plowing in the US] doo 2 the brakes been on 'n all.

Hope MY TeeVee's plug is shipshape with all due respect to Henri the Sovereign!