Old 06-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdiva View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking I might be lucky to get 10 percent off. Does it sound crazy to pay 84,000.00 for a new 30 ft? I would really like to buy new so I get the warranty.
Gsdiva, I'm curious to know what discount you end up getting. We're looking to buy a New Flying Cloud 30 in the next few months.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
I heard today that the December production is nearly booked with a possibility of no two week shutdown at Christmas due to demand. Obviously, the largest dealers placed huge initial orders to absorb the early production and perhaps block out the smaller dealerships timely access to the 2014 models. Two dealerships together ordered over 170 units at the dealer show. That was for mainly for inventory, not sold goods.

The concept of discounts may disappear if Airstream can sell a full year's production in the first quarter of the year. Since Airstream just sells to dealerships, the retail buyers may find availability of certain desirable models could start to run out early in the year. The remaining dwindling supply of these models may then sell at MSRP or higher.

Sounds like Harley back in the day managing production to keep prices elevated due to demand.

The early worm gets the bird!
Oh crap....if I work a deal out by end of July, you think Ill still be in good shape

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #17
JDS
2014 Bowlus Road Chief

Cumming , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
Maybe you can find MSRP on Airstream's website.
No longer possible on the Airstream website. Just Google Airstream MSRP and you'll get a NADA link with current MSRP's.

John S.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Laramie , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
Oh crap....if I work a deal out by end of July, you think Ill still be in good shape

Interest rates will be in a upward movement soon, that is what my concern would be. Now if you wait till the interest rate begins to effect sales then MSRP will go down, production is up right now, and at this time rates are down. I think if you plan to finance your trailer, do it now. If your paying cash you might want to wait till later in the year.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Yesterday, the dealer implied January build slots are now being pencilled into the schedule. Remember that most of the time, Airstream is building for dealer stock. I sense that there is a fairly small percentage of the production resulting from customer special orders.

That is why most units on dealer's lots could include things you might not want or lack what you would like as an option , but there are no other choices unless you have the time to go the Burger King route and "order it your way"!

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
uhh...well, how can I be sure MSRP is in fact true MSRP??
I noticed at the new Tucson, AZ dealer this past winter their MSRP was several thousand higher than our Minnesota dealer. Maybe they set it according to locale, or maybe some dealers just like to play price games more than others.

Not recommending it, but if you must get a loan, searching for and dealing on interest rate can save you much more money than haggling with RV dealers in the long run.

doug k
Old 06-23-2013, 05:05 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I think the varying MSRP maybe is to make the purchaser think they got a better deal than they really did. Financing through Good Sam online ends up being Bank of the West. That's the route I went- after being denied the loan application submitted to Bank of the West by the dealer. After being denied, the dealer told me he had other customers who had been denied, but we're able to get financing online. Go figure. Being denied a loan would not have been the end of the world, though. I owed 11-12k on my other trailer. I would have just waited, which is what I originally planned to do.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:48 AM   #22
1 Rivet Member

2013 30' International
Arlington , Texas
I have a 2013 Serenity 30ft on hold. It was on the lot almost a year. Will be buying it this week. Am getting about 20 percent off MSRP.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:58 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
What does "hold" mean?

Old 06-25-2013, 01:27 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

2013 30' International
Arlington , Texas
We agreed on a price on the phone and they have approved financing with one of their companies for me at 4.9. Because it is such a large purchase, I told them I wanted to see it in person before making the deal so I am driving to see it on Tuesday. As long as everything looks ok I am signing the deal then. They have already put it down as SOLD on their website.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:37 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdiva View Post
I have a 2013 Serenity 30ft on hold. It was on the lot almost a year. Will be buying it this week. Am getting about 20 percent off MSRP.
Woohoo!
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
gsdiva....yay!

Im glad you are sharing this because there is a unit that I too am looking at at a dealer "nearby" - but I will not be able to compare it with another model in person for another month. I may actually take your same course and attempt to negotiate such a "hold" deal .

I am hoping I get more than 10% off MSRP though - I could live with 10% off for a 2014 model...guess I will need to see how it goes...luckily I have a number of dealers I can buy from and drive to for the purchase so I can shop around...

CONGRATS! Pics soon we hope

Old 06-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #27
1 Rivet Member

2013 30' International
Arlington , Texas
The deal is DONE!! Drove to St Louis from Texas Tuesday and looked and bought the Serenity on Wednesday! Am having it delivered to Texas, still need to get a vehicle strong enough to tow it! I got 20 percent off, but like I said it is a new 2013. I don't think the dealers will come off of a 2014 that much yet, but I could be wrong. The people at Bill Thomas Camper sales were great, very friendly and helpful.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2013 27' FB International
El Dorado Hills , California
I looked online and spoke with dealers across the county that had in-stock models with options I wanted (2013 model). I then contacted my local dealer and offered the same price for the best deal I found nationwide. They matched it then ordered it from the factory. I think it was close to 18% off MSRP. It took 4 months from order date to pickup. Got it this last Memorial day. I've gone over the trailer now with a fine tooth comb and I would say the build quality is quite good.