Old 12-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama

this was a useful thread as it relates to discussions regarding longer length....I plan on enjoying the rig in many ways, not just with my wife and children, but for "man trips" with my 3 brothers...we are pretty tight, and it will be great fun..I think that is why I have been gravitating toward longer...

Thanks again for all yall's advice and opinions!!

“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them...We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Half the fun of the experience is the anticipation OF the experience. Having bought my new Airstream last year, and after 6 trips of various durations (up to a couple of weeks), I have decided that the experience itself is much, much better than the anticipation! There is something that defies words (at least for me), with my new Airstream. Just got back from a week plus on the Gulf Coast of FL. One night we had a huge rainstorm....thunder, lightning, you name it. The four of us (that includes the two basset hounds), were warm, dry and cozy inside our aluminum abode. If you have never been inside an aluminum trailer in the rain, let me tell you it is amazing, romantic, and hard to describe. Of course, I also remember being about 8 years old with my Aunt and Uncle in their 1958 Airstream and experiencing this for the first time. Right now, SilverLeaf is winterized, up on jacks, and awaiting the early Spring we'll have in NC -- and I'll be ready to begin some new adventures. The maintenance and all the rest is a small price to pay for the smiles you'll have everytime you take it out...

"SilverLeaf II" 2015 30' Classic
2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 CC w/6.7L Cummins
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
- dad was a pilot and an airplane mechanic - I have in fact heard rain in the hanger - havent thought about that in a while!!

Me and the wife were just talking about camping - putting the kids down to sleep and perhaps star gazing - man I need a vacation about right now
“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them...We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:52 AM   #46
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We have evolved over the years to the point that rain on the roof lulls us to sleep, kind of like the sound of waves on the shore. The first few rainstorms sounded like someone was hovering above, dropping handfuls of pebbles.

We find the anticipation and planning of a trip almost as much fun as the trip itself. Where we're going to go, what and who we're going to see. Takes us back to the days when this was all just a longing, rather than a reality.

So fortunate we all are, to be living our dreams. We are grateful every single day.

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:09 PM   #47
1 Rivet Member
2013 16' Sport
Bremerton , Washington
Ahhh, the rain on the roof is amazing. What scared me was the wind. We were camping on the furthest point of Washington State, across the water in a distance is Victoria Canada. The wind got so bad, we could feel the trailer shake.

But to be honest, our nerves were bad because it was our 2nd camping trip out, and we didn't want anything happening to our AS. And yes, true to my Navy being, I got out and did a walk around after the storm, and the rig was secure. If there was a padeye that I could have chained it down too, I would have done it.

Pricilla is offline   Reply With Quote