Old 08-21-2007, 11:14 PM   #1
Riviting Espresso

1978 25' Caravanner
Boca Raton , Florida
Send a message via AIM to ColdEspresso Send a message via Yahoo to ColdEspresso
Fake Ad on eBay

Airstream Trailer - (eBay item 140150071652 end time Aug-27-07 16:53:51 PDT)

This is too good to be true.

M

1978 Caravanner
2002 Chevy Avalanche Z71
2009 VW Sportwagen TDi
Rancilio Espresso Machine w/ Rocky Grinder
ColdEspresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:21 PM   #2
I love Airstreams...
Commercial Member

1989 29' Land Yacht
Haines City , Florida
email and reply....

Re: Airstream Trailer Trash

?
Sandra Martin to leeebay
show details
8:41 pm (3½ hours ago)

Hello,

The Airstream is located in Lake Anna in VA. I'm a private seller and is my personal Airstream. This is a great Airstream, never implied in any accident, in excellent condition. There are no signs of prior damage on this Airstream. I lived in USA for 3 years and my ex husband bought this Airstream. Now I have to sell it because I just finished the divorce with my husband and when the divorce has finished I own this Airstream. Now as a woman I don't need. Apologize but I am not available to meet you in person because I am out of the country, I just moved to Spain because I wanted to be closer my parents as they are old and I decided to sell it because I must to pay big fees to bring here and now I want to start my own business here and I need to free up some capital.

From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request ONLY secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services and I require payment down due within of end of auction! Shipping will be sent out right away when payment is done by bank transfer on eBay bank account. The final price that I want for this Airstream is $ 6.000 including shipping and handling.

I will wait your answer (if you are interested to buy).

Kind Regards

Lee Fields PCS to Sandra
show details
9:49 pm (2 hours ago)

nope...this is a scam....and i reported it to ebay ....before i emailed you....i live in tampa and was going to drive over and see and pay cash....but this is straight a scam.....

thanks.....we hunt guys like you down and tell ebay everytime we see one of your airstream scams....keep up the good work....

--
Lee Fields
PCS Professional Coach Services
1-800-925-9855
www.pcsflorida.us

Ram 3500 DRW LB SuperCrew
PCS Professional Coach
AIR# 6366
leefields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:03 AM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
The the VIN is not listed and the seller refuses to provide it, the deal is a fraud.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:30 AM   #4
aluminauti

Where we , Park it!
Open season on Bambis (again)

. . . . hmmmm . . . . judging from the pictures, this looks like a unit located someplace with desert, like Arizona, by the nature of the cacti & narrow leaf vegetation.

Don't recall Virginia looking like this . . . .

also, the category is wrong . . . .

time to report . . . .
Old 08-22-2007, 12:46 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Venice , California
Personally, I'd hate to buy anything was "implied in an accident"

'78 Excella 500,"The Silver Pullit". vacuum over hydraulic disc brakes, center bath, rear twin. '67 Travelall 1200 B 4X4 WBCCI 3737
Excella CM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:44 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
I looked at the pics and the discription format are not usual for eBay. 6k asking price SCAM<SCAM <SCAM should be ringing in your head. RUN AWAY.
I buy off ebay for my business. Something stinks here.
Luck to U
roger
Old 08-22-2007, 06:17 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 25' Classic
Hydes
There are more and more of these scams every day on ebay.Some are very obvious, especially the ones that ask you to contact them off eBay giving a private email address and offer a "Buy it Now" price that is just to low to be true. It plays on peoples greed ,they get your deposit or sometimes that total sale price and are gone. I personally had my credit card info stolen and ended up with thousands of dollars of computer equipment charged to it and shipped out of the country. The credit card company took it off my account but when I contacted the FBI about it I was basically told that they simply don't have the resources to do anything about it unless it involves hundreds of thousands of dollars, and the scammers know this. They are very seldom caught and prosecuted.Don't think eBay or Paypal will do anything about it either.One thing a lot of people dopn't realize is a person can give you a Paypal deposit of up to $500.00 on somethng you're selling complete the transaction and then have their credit card company charge back the $500.00. giving the excuse that it wasn't exactly as described.This is another scam and it happened to me. There is suppose to be arbitration between Paypal and the credit card company but they will do nothing. A friend who sells very high end watches had it happen three times in one month.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:21 AM   #8
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
This listing (140150071652) has been removed or is no longer available.

Good catch. There is an Ebay scam thread here on the forums to post these. It currently is several hundred posts, and most involve new Bambi trailers.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:16 AM   #9
Riviting Espresso

1978 25' Caravanner
Boca Raton , Florida
Send a message via AIM to ColdEspresso Send a message via Yahoo to ColdEspresso
I was ready to drive to tampa from Nashville and pay cash too. Do these scammers think that the AS community is that unaware?
1978 Caravanner
2002 Chevy Avalanche Z71
2009 VW Sportwagen TDi
Rancilio Espresso Machine w/ Rocky Grinder
ColdEspresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:10 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
The scammers are getting better at their game. In one of the Vancouver area papers today there's a story on an investment adviser with one of the larger and reputable investment firms who got taken in for $82,000. Even with all the research tools that the professionals have they still can't pick off all the flakes.

There are good deals available, but they are only "good deals" when you are able to do proper due diligence and make sure you are getting what you are paying for. It's getting much more difficult for most of us to spend large on an item off of eBay and trust we are getting what we were told we were.

Barry
Old 08-22-2007, 08:43 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Barry I have a Q for U. I have seen an ad for a 34 fter in Canada. He say's he will deliver it across the border into the US. Doesn't he need some kind of export papers to sell it in the US or is this a scam. Curious!
Roger
Old 08-22-2007, 09:11 PM   #12
aluminauti

Where we , Park it!
Technically, he can take the A/S into the states from Canada AND he has to declare this at the US border. In other words, there has to be an import document. This is a formality that much be followed. Else, you may not be able to register the trailer in your neighborhood.
Since Airstream is built in the US, there would be no duty. If you are interested in this trailer, you can have the seller transport the trailer with you on board. When you arrive at the border, you can declare the trailer as your purchase in Canada & that you don't have a current tow vehicle (or part of the sale is delivery)
We've had friends in the States buy cars & boats in Canada - it can be done, as long as you follow the paperwork.
Also, I'd check the most recent regs on importation as the rules do change . . . .
Old 08-22-2007, 09:47 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Roger

It's my understanding that he can declare at the US border that he's delivering the trailer to the US for sale. I believe he posts a bond of some type through a broker (it's not expensive), but I'm not really sure exactly how that works. If he does not do this I believe the purchaser has to go to a US Customs office that's capable of inspecting it, and pays the duty (2.5% if I remember correctly) before they can legally regi the trailer in the US, however, because the trailer was originally manufactured in the US it could quite possibly go back duty free. It is worth a quick call to your local Customs office for validation. I know it's very likely on their website as well but I just took a quick look and couldn't find it.

The other scenario is that the trailer is still US registered. I know living right on the US border as we do a lot of folks have a rig parked in storage yards ten to fifteen minutes south of the border. They head over the line with their TV, hook up, and off they go, seldom if ever bringing the trailer into Canada.

So it is very do-able, but I do not know the exact logistics of it all. There are a lot of vehicles, mostly diesel trucks that I'm aware of, that go over the border for resale in the US.

If you need me to check further let me know and I'll see what I can find out by asking around.

Barry
Old 08-22-2007, 10:02 PM   #14
_

. , .
the original low mileage seldom used thread...

perfect skin, all original with a completely upgraded look

will deliver and priced well below anything else...

it has more seats than the astrodome...

and sounds like a symphony orchestra

once owned by wally himself....

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/...ing-19677.html

if i'm lying may lightning strike my mother

you have my word on it!

cheers
2air
Attached Images

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote