Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2017, 02:55 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' International
Seattle , Washington
Factory vs. Dealer Installed Options

We're searching around for a 2017 Int'l Serenity 25FB Queen, and haven't found one yet with all the options on our list, in the colors we want. Short of ordering new, we could have the dealer install the missing options.

Assuming we'd be going through a dealer with a good service and PDI reputation, which of these do you feel really ought to be or need to be installed by the factory, and which do you think are just as good or better installed by the dealer?

- Dual A/C
- Patio and Rear Awnings (not power)
- Solar Power System
- Convection/Microwave
- Backup Camera
FarFetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:58 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Newberg , Oregon
Dual ac needs to be factory for sure, as it also gets 50 amp service. The rest a good dealer with well trained techs could do.

Mike
Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:19 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Chelsea , Maine
I'd get it all done at the factory. Except for solar. From what I've read, the factory solar is pretty spendy for what little functionality it offers, and there are better systems available from aftermarket companies.
After their best hitch monkey installed my hitch all wrong, I wouldn't trust the dealership 'technicians' to install any upgrades. You may get lucky and get the veteran guy who knows what he's doing, or you might get the new guy they're trying to train. Either way, at the end of the day he's going to punch out and go home to have a cold one, and if his work is inadequate it is YOU that will be frustrated.
At the factory it will be planned in to the build. At the dealership it will be the service manager telling his people to hurry up and get that done so we can get to the next job.
Equal-I-Zer 10K/1000
JMynes is offline   Reply With Quote