Old 03-03-2007, 02:44 PM   #645
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Colville , Washington
Steve -

1) Did you actually bid on the item? 2) Were you the next highest bidder?
3) Does this message show in your eBay inbox, or just your email account?

It's a SCAM. Actual emails from eBay are not worded anything like that. The statement is full of lies. "automatically proclaims you the winner by default", etc.
If it was authentic, the seller could send you a legitimate 2nd chance offer thru eBay, and wouldn't need you to confirm your eBay ID nickname. He also wouldn't have you contact him at an email address other than the eBay user ID. This is simply a trolling expedition to get you to divulge your contact info so he can hijack your account, or rook you out of money, or both.

2001 Honda XR650R
Currently Looking...for an Avion Truck Camper (or a Classic Argosy MoHo)

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:48 PM   #646
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Colville , Washington
I'm going to assume you are weaveriii. If that's the case, you were the lowest offer. Assuming the highest offer failed to follow thru, the seller would take the next higher bidder ($2000) long before they offered it to you for only $1000.
I would use the "contact seller" link and let the true seller know what is happening.
Don't give the troll any info, and if you already have, immediately change your passwords.

JB

2001 Honda XR650R
Currently Looking...for an Avion Truck Camper (or a Classic Argosy MoHo)

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:07 PM   #647
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeaver
I am kandhauto (aadyzzu@aol.com) on eBay, I recently listed an auction for the eBay item titled: 1986 AIRSTREAM EXCELLA 32FT (FULL BATH APPLIANCES) with item number: 120089895038 and I've just been contacted by the eBay staff who informed me that the winner of this item got rejected due to security reasons (either failed to follow through on the purchase commitment or outright refused to do so). Your best offer of US $1,000.00 prior is taken into consideration as eBay policy automatically proclaims you to be the winner by default. Nevertheless, I need your agreement on this so I may contact eBay to confirm your winning position otherwise I'll have to relist the item. If interested, please confirm me by providing your details such as name, address and eBay ID nickname to aadyzzu@aol.com (it's my work email and i`m available most of the time).
Thank you

I received this through ebay's email notification. Looks like kandhauto is trying to get into my ebay account somehow.

If I thought he was for real, I'd probably pay $1000 for this trailer....it's the one the tree fell on.

Steve
Scam...the actual seller's phone number is in the auction, but not his email. Also, the Ebay ID is identified in the auction biddrs list and would not be asked for again.

He did accept a sale for $3,000, then the bidder apparently backed out and that's why it's listed again.
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:37 PM   #648

Milton , Washington
This person is a bonafid scammer I recieved a Email from kandhauto (aadyzzu@aol.com) requesting that I contact them outside of Ebay about a item I was selling on Ebay and also wanted me to become a drop shipper for them.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:46 PM   #649
2 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 20
Winter Haven , Florida
Well, my 20' Argosy, bought on Ebay is beautiful. I suppose, one should be wary of "too good to be true," items, however, to deem the horrors of, maybe, a con....really hurts the innocent "seller." Besides great tickets to a Bucs/Miami game, I have never used EBay for a large ticket item...and am very happy with my Argosy camper.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:54 PM   #650
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
Scammers on eBay

ha ha...
how do you 'drop-ship' an Airstream?

These scammers are getting ballzy... I'm looking for a pt job and found an ad on Craig's List where they wanted someone to write/research & 'babysit' listings...and they listed the compensation schedule they offered; sounded right up my alley---I replied. (of course they wanted my User ID "to check my Feedback" (saying a MINIMUM of 50% feedback was required!)
FIFTY PERCENT!! MGosh...mine is 100%... If I were asking, I'd demand a MINIMUM of a 96% Feedback.
Anyhew...my reply came back from "The Mailer Demon"...as undeliverable. No doubt! They probably got BUSTED!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:03 AM   #651
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat
ha ha...

These scammers are getting ballzy... I'm looking for a pt job and found an ad on Craig's List where they wanted someone to write/research & 'babysit' listings...and they listed the compensation schedule they offered; sounded right up my alley---I replied. (of course they wanted my User ID "to check my Feedback" (saying a MINIMUM of 50% feedback was required!)
FIFTY PERCENT!! MGosh...mine is 100%... If I were asking, I'd demand a MINIMUM of a 96% Feedback.
Anyhew...my reply came back from "The Mailer Demon"...as undeliverable. No doubt! They probably got BUSTED!
Well, if I was going to have my kids entrusted to someone new, I would want to make sure their feedback was at least 50%. Pretty low standard, I agree, and not real.

reeltight1, I don't believe that that email address belongs to the ebay seller. Someone else is probably just a parasite on his listings because of the big tickets. I know he has his phone number in the auction, so why would he ask people to email him?
AIR 1753
Old 03-04-2007, 06:59 AM   #652
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
There is a parts Airstream on eBay listed as, IIRC, a 1964 model year. While I can't tell ALL the years apart, the pictures displayed were obviously of a seventies model trailer.

In trying to contact the lister, I noticed he had his own contact box which REQUIRED that both your email address AND eBay userID be included. What's up with that?

Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:43 AM   #653
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Almost Always Sunny Sarasota , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat
ha ha...

I think this airstream has already been drop shipped a couple times
Old 03-04-2007, 09:29 AM   #654
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaabLover
I think this airstream has already been drop shipped a couple times
Good One!!!!!

Barry
Old 03-04-2007, 12:11 PM   #655
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomW
There is a parts Airstream on eBay listed as, IIRC, a 1964 model year. While I can't tell ALL the years apart, the pictures displayed were obviously of a seventies model trailer.

In trying to contact the lister, I noticed he had his own contact box which REQUIRED that both your email address AND eBay userID be included. What's up with that?

Tom
To contact anyone on Ebay, I strongly recommend that you only use the "Ask Seller" feature in Ebay. Scammers are looking for emails from anybody to do whatever they want with them. At least within the Ebay system you are isolated and protected from "bad guys". Every legit seller using Ebay uses the "Ask Seller" feature, and a clear sign of a scam is asking bidders to go around that security and deal outside of Ebay.

Although, with that said, I have bought outside too (5 years ago).
AIR 1753
Old 03-04-2007, 08:22 PM   #656
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Scammers everywhere

>>
I'm looking for a pt job and found an ad on Craig's List where they wanted someone to write/research & 'babysit' listings......of course they wanted my User ID "to check my Feedback" (saying a MINIMUM of 50% feedback was required!) FIFTY PERCENT!! MGosh...mine is 100%... If I were asking, I'd demand a MINIMUM of a 96% Feedback. Anyhew...my reply came back from "The Mailer Demon"...as undeliverable. No doubt! They probably got BUSTED!

>>Well, if I was going to have my kids entrusted to someone new, I would want to make sure their feedback was at least 50%. Pretty low standard, I agree, and not real.

..., I don't believe that that email address belongs to the ebay seller. Someone else is probably just a parasite on his listings because of the big tickets. I know he has his phone number in the auction, so why would he ask people to email him?<<

That was for a job to create listings on ebay for her...not to take care of kids...lol.

&...the "email addy" wasn't an actual email address---it was the Craig's List Job Listing email...
and no phone # was given...they never give that---except for you to fax something---they don't want phone calls.
but, you're right...asking me for my ID proved they are a parasite. I wouldn't give that out to anyone. I have it under an assumed name anyway.

But, ebay told me when I reported some of those $10.99 Airstreams, not to write them directly---but to send an email to their fraud department at
spoof@ebay.com.
I guess they have certain people who deal with that.
.........Cat
Cavaet emptor..!
yep...
Old 03-04-2007, 08:32 PM   #657
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Scammers everywhere.

>>Originally Posted by TomW

<<

You guys need to learn to recognize a spoof email from a legitimate one. If I get an email (from aw.confirm@ebay.com or something like that) AND if I'm not sure if it's Scam...I immediately go see if it's in my INBOX on my eBAY site---bcz if it isn't in the "Message INBOX" then I go back & the one in my regular email addy is immediately sent to spoof@ebay.com.

I have never wondered how they got my email address...I guess I just figure there are those out there smart enough; but I'm also smart enough to not reply or to click on anything but just to forward it and delete it. Actually, I know ppl who don't even send them to spoof...they just delete them--- kind of apathetic eh? I'd rather send it and delete it.
............Cat
Old 03-04-2007, 08:41 PM   #658
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat
>>Originally Posted by TomW

<<

You guys need to learn to recognize a spoof email from a legitimate one.
............Cat
Umm from what I read, and what I know of Tom, I would say its a better than safe bet that he "gets" that this was a scam.

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote