I emailed the guy on this and got the following reply yesterday. It IS a scam, right?
The price is $6,000. I can afford to sell it at this price because I've buy it from a bankrupt company. I am located in New York. If you are interested, if you like it and want to buy it just let me know. The shipping will be free. I will bring it personal to your door with my Dodge truck. I don't work with a shipping company because the taxes are to high. For our protection we will make this deal under ebay vehicle protection program. How it works:
1. Please email me:
The product exact name:...
Your eBay ID:...
Your full name:...
Your full address:...
2. I will contact ebay with this details and after that they will contact you with the deposit details.
3. In the eBay invoice you will have eBay agent name and address. You must follow the invoice steps and put the money to the agent name using western union. (I can't accept other payment method) I know, western union is not recommended by ebay but seeing that you will send the money to ebay not to me I don't see any problem here. eBay will hold the money and they will wait for your final decision. No need to send the full amount. Send only $2,900.
4. eBay will contact me and will confirm the deposit.
5. As soon as I receive the ebay deposit confirmation I will come to you for inspection.
6. If you like it you must contact ebay and ask to give me the money, or if you don't want it just ask ebay for full refund and you will receive all your money back including western union fees. No need to pay the ship back fees if you don't want it. If you will buy it you must give me the balance of $3,100 in CASH when I will be there. I don't accept checks.
7. The deal is done.
If you have any other questions please email me.
Thanks a lot and hope we will make this deal and more business in the nearest future....
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Kaiser"
Subject: Airstream trailer
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 22:52:23 -0600
Please give info on the trailer. Seems more than reasonable.