Old 03-23-2006, 05:05 AM   #225
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Wow. This widow has chosen me to help her get her money....
Dearest Friend,

I am Mariam Hajia Abacha the wife of the late Nigeria head of state, General Sani Abacha.

Following the sudden death of my husband General Sani Abacha the late former head of state of Nigeria in june (1998), I have been thrown into a state of utter confusion, frustration and hopelessness by the present civilian administration, I have been subjected to physical and psychological torture by the security agents in the country. My son was under detention arraigned before the federal high court of Nigeria for an offence he did not commit.

As a widow that is so traumatized, I have lost confidence with anybody within the country. You must have heard over the media reports and the internet on the recovery of various huge sums of money deposited by my husband in different security firms abroad, some companies willingly give up their secrets and disclosed our money confidently lodged there or many outright blackmail. In fact the total sum discovered by the Government so far is in the tune of ($700). Million dollars. And they are not relenting to make me poor for life.

I got your contacts through my personal research, and out of desperation decided to reach you through this medium.I will give you more information as to this regard as soon as you reply. I repose great confidence in you hence my approach to you due to security network placed on my day to day affairs I cannot afford to visit the embassy so that is why I decided to contact you and I hope you will not betray my confidence in you. I have deposited the sum of ($15)million dollars with a security firm abroad whose name is witheld for now until we open communication.

I shall be grateful if you could receive this fund into your account for safe keeping. This arrangement is known to you and my son Mustapha alone, as security is up my whole being.I am seriously considering to settle down abroad in a friendly atmosphere like yours as soon as this fund get into your account so that I can start all over again if only you wish, but if it is impossible,just help me in diverting this fund into your account which will accrue you (30%) of this fund.Please honesty is the watch word in this transaction.

I will require your telephone and fax numbers so that we can commence communication immediately and I will give you a more detailed picture of things. In case you dont accept please do not let me out to the security as I am giving you this information in total trust and confidence .

I will greatly appreciate if you accept my proposal in good faith. Please expedite action.May the Almighty GOD grant you your heart desire as you are willing to help me and my family, Amen.

Looking forward to hear from you very soon.

Best Regards

Mariam Hajia Abacha

- Mrs Mariam Hajia Abacha

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 05:22 AM   #226
4 Rivet Member
1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
MY GOSH You lucky guy !!! 30% of 15 Million !!!! Do I see a Sky Deck in the future !!!!! ????????

Movie Stars and Film Crews come to Me from hundreds of miles enticed by My knowledge, My imagination,expertise, creativity and innovations!
scf31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:16 AM   #227
We can tow it!
1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Ya know I think I heard about this conspiracy before...

Grandma called it the separating a fool from his/her money conspiracy. Its been around for years...
Her advice/solutions were similar to those offered here (besides always watch your purse) if it sounds too good to be true, it is. Glad to see the all the info and perspectives on this thread.
Steph in MI Air# 6996-
I Hockeytown USA!!
tin sista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:11 PM   #228
2 Rivet Member
, Utah
The latest deal?
'59 Tradewind 24'
(looking for a tow vehicle to replace the bicycle )
rschulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:17 PM   #229
2 Rivet Member
, Utah
Wait bid starts at $69 but says buy it now 6,900 USD. The sellers name is dealindiecast so maybe it's a scale model, but it looks so real.
'59 Tradewind 24'
(looking for a tow vehicle to replace the bicycle )
rschulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 04:27 PM   #230
Rivet Master
1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
Suggestion ...

Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
You know, I was looking at eBay last night and just didn't have the energy to cut and past all the questionable ones that I saw. I think 3 were a slam dunk fraud, but it just amazes me the level this has ramped up.
But wouldn't it be great if we used our forum muscle to clear the boards of Airstream-related frauds? Those interested could volunteer to monitor ebay for one day a month or something. We'd only need a dozen or couple of dozen active, ebay-savvy members & perhaps word would get around among the scamsters that Airstreams are a zero-payoff target.

What do you guys think?
Of course I'm an elitist. Look around you.
summerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:35 PM   #231
Rivet Master
1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
It's more fun to bid them way over their buy it now price.I have this one at 15000 now.
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:47 PM   #232
1 Rivet Member
1971 31' Sovereign
Pauma Valley , California
Here's an ad from Craig's List for you folks in the East

Just surfing and saw this...thought somebody might be interested.

DaisyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:11 AM   #233
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
Currently Looking...
Naples, FL , Hood River, OR
Originally Posted by Shacksman
It's more fun to bid them way over their buy it now price.I have this one at 15000 now.
FYI, item has been removed by e-Bay.
Lew Farber...RVIA Certified Master Tech...ABYC Certified Master Marine Electrician
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:55 AM   #234
2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Back by popular demand.......

Opened a eBay fraud support ticket on it......
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:24 AM   #235
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Ebay has already pulled it. They are getting quicker!
Kathy, Tommy, & Crew, Chattanooga, TN
Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:58 AM   #236
Site Team
1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
It's back again, they are even quicker...

WBCCI President 2016-2017
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:02 PM   #237
Site Team
, Minnesota
I think he switched to a different seller because the last one had a poorer feedback rating.

Also, he switched from an earthlink account to a yahoo account. He is one slippery lad!
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:51 PM   #238

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
I reported the one Twink found and it was shut down soon after. I just reported the latest. I'm sure it will be gone shortly. Forum folks don't take kindly to these scams! It makes you wonder whether ebay contacts the actual sellers whose account has been scammed.

Jack Canavera
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote