Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2015, 08:18 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Salado , Texas
Dealer Reputation Check: Vince Cardinale

I am considering buying a 2010 Airstream trailer ($50,000) from A to Z Motors in Winters, CA. The person involved is Vince Cardinale. Does anyone have experience with the company or the person? Since I am in Texas and the Airstream is in California, it will be quite an investment just to get there and see the vehicle.

He claims to have done a first class job of bringing it up to like-new condition, and his photos seem to support that.

Any comments?
Loden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2013 27' FB International
El Dorado Hills , California
I live about an hours drive from Winters. Winters is a typical California small town. One high school. A short main street. Mostly agricultural. There used to be very good Spanish restaurant reflecting the original Italian and Spanish settlers.

All this aside, looking at the website it appears someone is running a boutique Airstream restoration dealership. I checked out the flying cloud I think you're interested in. From Texas you can get a inexpensive Southwest flight to Sacramento, the nearest location. Rent a car and it's a 40 minute or less drive. For such an investment it's well worth the cost of travel to check it out.

If that place doesn't work you can drive to Bay Area Airstream not too far away, a dealership with a bunch, like 50 or more, new trailers for sale in their indoor warehouse.
kscherzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:41 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
I think I may have this lodged deep in my memory somewhere

I may be entirely wrong

Is this the place where the people on the long long honeymoon blog had their floors and interior redone ?

You might do a goggle search and see what you can uncover. Whatever that place was, but it seemed like good people doing good work.

Again, I am not at all sure of the name or location of that company. Just that the description seemed to be similar.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:16 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
sacramento , California
Hello

I have visited a to z and Vince is a top notch person. When we visited, he let us walk every airstream. He is the most knowledgeable airstream person I have had the pleasure to meet. His knowledge of the product is outstanding. Even though we did not purchase an airstream from him. He did not have the model we were looking for. His store is at his beautiful ranch, and has gently used airstreams and he will make sure you are happy with your purchase. In Jan ,I will be checking out his inventory prior to my purchase.

Just my 2 cents
Flht2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:19 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Salado , Texas
Thanks for the information

Many thanks to kscherzi, Piggy Bank, and Flht2k. Those reports jive with what I had sensed from an in-depth net search and speaking with Vince. Since I live in Texas, just wanted to have some confidence before spending several days and a couple of thousand dollars to get out there and investigate.

Just as a side point, I probably will drive out and if it is what he claims it to be, tow it back. He offered to deliver, but the combination of airfare, car rental, lodging, etc., plus a (very reasonable) $1,800 to have it shipped out here is a bit more than driving out and towing back. If I get out there and don't like it, I will have had an adventure, but from the photos it is exactly what we are looking for.
Loden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:52 AM   #6

2008 20' Safari SE
Hayward , California
My wife and I just bought a 2008 20' Safari SE from Vince and A to Z motors 2 weeks ago.

He is, as the other poster said, "a top notch person" who really knows Airstreams.

He has a good number of great condition used airstreams available, and was very easy to work with on the transaction.

He even helped us install stabilizer bars before we headed out.

Strongly recommend A to Z motors to anyone looking for a used airsteam.

When you drive up to the location you'll see an Airstream shaped mailbox - a small indication that you're at a quality establishment.
8dollarbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:55 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Auburn , California
We bought our 2008 23 ft Safari from A to Z Motors last October, and I can say we are very happy with Vince. We live about an hour from the business, so we visited several times before we decided on what to buy. He has a good inventory of recent-year Airstreams and he let us take our time looking through all of them. We never felt pressured at all. Once we made our purchase, Vince went out of his way to make sure that everything that should be fixed on the trailer was fixed. If we ever wanted to puchase another model or size Airstream, we would definitely buy from him. He is very honest and very knowledgable about Airstreams.
Gail C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:17 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Milton , Delaware
Piggy Bank,

The Loloho floor guy was Vinnie, who's now in Santa Rosa. Different folks, but in the same neck of the woods. Both of their reputations are excellent. We are going to purchase in the next few months and AtoZ is on our 'A' list...
Ecodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:04 PM   #9

2010 31' Classic
Prunedale , California
2010 Airstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loden View Post
I am considering buying a 2010 Airstream trailer ($50,000) from A to Z Motors in Winters, CA. The person involved is Vince Cardinale. Does anyone have experience with the company or the person? Since I am in Texas and the Airstream is in California, it will be quite an investment just to get there and see the vehicle.

He claims to have done a first class job of bringing it up to like-new condition, and his photos seem to support that.

Any comments?
In response to your question pertaining to Vince Cardinale in California, we do know that he has numerous different dealerships!!!!!

As far as the 2010 Airstream is concerned for $50,000, if you don't mind me asking, what does it have on/in it?

We have a 2010 31ft Classic Limited that is "overloaded" with "extras"!!!!! Would love to chat with you!!!!!
2010 Airstre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:49 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Nevada City , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggy Bank View Post

I may be entirely wrong

Is this the place where the people on the long long honeymoon blog had their floors and interior redone ?

You might do a goggle search and see what you can uncover. Whatever that place was, but it seemed like good people doing good work.

Again, I am not at all sure of the name or location of that company. Just that the description seemed to be similar.

No. They went to see Vinnie who was in Napa at the time. He's now in Santa Rosa, the next valley over. I think looking up Vinnie's airstream repair will find him. He's a first class operation.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
WaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:07 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2000 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel
Fresno , California
If Los Banos isnt too much of a haul for you I highly recommend Toscano RV. Ask for Henry or Dave and say I sent you. I. I seriously cannot recommend them enough. They're straight shooters hence my repeat business with them. Nobody's ever come close to matching what they'd give me for my trade ins and they've beat anyone else's prices to boot.
LucasS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:58 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Currently Looking...
mesquite , Texas
not to change the subject but we live in mesquite tx, [dallas] and went on line and bought our airstream from bayarea airstream in Fairfield ca. & brone from mesquite to Fairfield to pick it up [ended up with a different model] they have so many to choose from! the trip was outstanding ,the dealership was fantastice, the trip back via southern ca. az.nm. tx was fantastic and way too much fun.
drove from mesquite. sorry I finger typer!
moxie t. moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:11 AM   #13
1 Rivet Member

2000 25' Safari
Casa Grande , Arizona
I wondered if you went ahead with your purchase? We are also thinking of dealing with Vince and hoped you had a good experience
TheHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:40 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Where does he find all these Airstreams? They all look in very good condition. His prices are dealer prices but if they are all in a " drive off the lot and camp" condition then maybe its worth it to spend a little extra.

Kelvin
Old 01-31-2016, 11:23 AM   #15
AlphaStream

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Chadron , Nebraska
I cannot say enough good things about Vince - A to Z Motors. It took me two months on the phone with Vince and he was extremely patient with this newbie. I bought my first Airstream from Vince in May of last year. I was able to get the Airstream of my dreams but Vince walked me through the process and I ended up with a 2008 25’ Safari which was better suited for me. He let me stay as long as I wanted on his property in any Airstream of my choosing and took me out on several excursions until I felt comfortable pulling on my new Airstream. He even had his crew drive it over the big hill into Reno to make sue I didn’t have any problems.
AlphaStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:50 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

2000 25' Safari
Casa Grande , Arizona
Vince helped us a lot even though we bought elsewhere

We ended up buying a different unit after working with Vince for about a month. He was very helpful and when I happened to mention that I didn't see how we were going to get the rig from FL to AZ with the time constraints he told me one of his regular drivers lived in Pensacola and hooked me up with the driver. He is super knowledgeable and even knew the rig we were purchasing and discussed it with me. I would certainly check what he had in stock anytime if we were ever in the position of buying again. We are just in the process of trying to make our new rig as user friendly for our needs as the old one and doing lots of customizing and loving it but occasionally cussing out the guy who had to drink and drive that ruined our 2000. I hope we have years of pleasure our of our new to us 2008 but really mourn the loss of our old one. Good luck in your search. We ended up buying from a private individual - had the unit inspected by a private service and had it delivered. All sight unseen. It ended up successful but I would advise anyone to be super careful as I've heard lots of horror stories.
TheHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:01 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

2016 23' Flying Cloud
2010 19' Flying Cloud
2003 28' Classic
Tulsa , Oklahoma
My experience is from a different perspective lol - I had my 2010 Bambi on Craigslist here in Tulsa for sale and he called me for more information with an interest in purchasing it. After I face-timed him with a "live" tour of the Bambi lol, he wanted to purchase it. Wasn't sure how it was going to all transpire but he wired me the money and I fedxed him the title - he had a driver pick it up within a few weeks. A very smooth transaction (although I was a little apprehensive at first). He definitely knows his Airstreams ;-)
BulldogX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:48 AM   #18
1 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggy Bank View Post

I may be entirely wrong

Vinnie is in Wilton, Vince is in Winters. Vinnie at VINNIE'S NORTHBAY AIRSTREAM REPAIR 11992 Blake Road,*Wilton, CA 95693 will fix your Airstream.

Vince at A to Z motors 28908 County road 87d*Winters, CA 95694 will put you into a used one.
B885451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 11:28 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

Northeast , Ohio
...and what about the "branch" in NC?

It appears A to Z in Winters, CA has a very good reputation. Anyone have anything to ad about their "branch" in Raleigh, NC?

We're looking at Airstreams, most likely going to buy late-model used. This will be my first, so I am leaning toward a dealership since the orientation they provide would be worth the extra cost.

Thanks in advance.
Dirtbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 02:51 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Not sure how current the info is, in this fairly dated thread IMO.

Good luck,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote