Old 09-28-2015, 01:36 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member
2017 27' Flying Cloud
Moneta , Virginia
We bought our 2014 FC 23FB from Colonial in June via email and phone with Patrick. They had the best price anywhere on the east coast and Patrick was informative and professional. The day we picked it up everyone did an excellent job of making sure we fully understood everything about our AS. We had one issue that we thought was fixed before we left the lot only to find the problem was not fixed correctly. After two nights at Jersey Shores AS Park we found several other issues and had to return to Colonia before heading home to VA. This is when we had some issued with the service. Not sure if the service department was having a bad day or we just fell through the cracks. What should have taken no more that 2 hours took all day. Once the owner realized we were there for repairs after only having the unit for 3 days, everything has resolve quickly to get us on our way home. He is a nice guy and takes costumer satisfaction seriously. Would I buy from them again or recommend them to a friend, YES. Other dealers we tried to buy an AS from didn't even give us the time of day.

SMLJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 02:16 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
2006 25' Safari SS SE
Austin in winter & Lincoln in summer , Texas & Montana
I have had 3 25' AS over the past 6 years. Although I did not buy from Colonial, if I lived closer, I certainly would give them a try. I have called them with questions regarding AS's, for information purposes, pricing questions, and issues with my AS unit's. Patrick and staff have been extremely helpful, even though I had not purchased from them. Heck, even returning phone calls on questions regarding a price I had on a used unit few years back! I even had their service department "overnight a" window which I broke while in MT a couple years ago! As many have said, they are a good class act. Remember, there are many dealers out there....and I would not judge the dealer by actions of one sales or service person on a single visit, unless it was a common occurrence. Everyone has experienced poor service or support at one time or another. Very good intentions from Patrick and his team!

gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:41 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
2008 23' Safari FB SE
Parnell , Iowa
Thanks for all the replies. I think I will give them a call and just see what happens. Long ways away but if the price happens to be right.
Ste and Bre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 06:53 AM   #18

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
What was the outcome? If we were going to upgrade from our Bambi I'd sell it privately then look for a larger unit. 16' and 19' Airstreams hold their value pretty good and they sell FAST due to the size. I'd try selling it first then the trip would be a one way haul.
Get involved and sign up for a Rally!
WBCCI 4973
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:41 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Originally Posted by Ste and Bre View Post
We are new to this forum although I have been gathering information for the last year. We just got back from a two week trip in our 2008 19' Bambi and enjoyed it immensely. All the way from electrical hookup to no water, electricity or cell phone service. The one thing we learned is we would like just a little more room. I found a trailer we may be interested in on the internet at Colonial Airstream. Has anyone dealt with them? We were also wondering if it would be better to trade or sell privately? I have enjoyed this site and all the information that can be gleaned. The Bambi has a much quieter water pump and LED lights thanks to this site.
Curious to know if you went ahead with the purchase at Colonial?

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:13 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Western MA , Massachusetts
Originally Posted by FCloud9 View Post
We visited Colonial Airstream twice prior to purchasing our 2014 FC 20' last year.
Excellent dealership, huge inventory, excellent professional AS sales team/service/technical staff! Since we did not own a unit prior to purchase....cannot offer info here. Patrick Bocelli was super during our "shopping phase" and throughout the purchase and pickup. Our purchase experience was hands down and exceptional experience. The staff continue to impress us the past 18 months dealing with minor repairs, parts, etc.
This is the same exact experience we had in purchasing our new 20fc. Super sales service - not high pressure at all. And they continue to provide outstanding service and support.
We had two failed attempts buying privately and finally went to Colonial to "look". We couldn't be happier with our purchase and their outstanding support.
If we decide to get a different unit - we will be looking to trade in at Colonial.
Also - the four trips there, we never felt it was a zoo. They have their act together.
Wild Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:00 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member
2008 23' Safari FB SE
Parnell , Iowa
We purchased a 2010 23FB outright and will try and sell the Bambi ourselves. Trading did not seem like a good option considering what we came to for a cash price. Just don't want to own two trailers for any length of time. There just doesnt seem to be too many 23FB out there so we went ahead. We wanted the front queen bed as we are both wide shouldered and the Bambi was quite tight.
Ste and Bre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 11:29 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member
We purchased a very slightly used 2013FB Bambi from Patrick last year. Dealing with him was a pleasure. He is not a pushy salesman at all and is in my opinion very fair. After the purchase I bombarded him with a ton of emails seeking help deciding on a tow vehicle. Despite gaining not financial benefit he answered all of my questions. Colonial is the number one dealershIp for a good reason, they are fair and knowledgable! I have been there a number of times and never experienced a "zoo"!

megster is offline   Reply With Quote