Old 07-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Still looking

My wife and I are still looking. We have taken the advice found on the forum and put it to good use but have yet to buy an AS. We have travelled to an airstream park in PA. Spoke to a number of owners and asked many questions. They all were very enthusiastic about their AS. We visited Colonial RV in NJ looked at the 22 - 25 feet some with twins and queens. We definitely like the Queen in the front. They were friendly however have not heard back from them. Also looked at used on the web 2007 and older.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:54 AM   #30
Zia
3 Rivet Member

2011 23' FB International
2007 20' Safari
Irvine , California
I am looking to purchase a new AS International Serenity 23 FB and talking to various dealers. One should be able to get about 20% off the MSRP. One brand new sold on ebay exactly 20% off. If you are looking at 2011 model, manufacturer sometimes give additional incentive to the dealer to sell the older models.
Good luck

Old 07-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
still looking

Looking is half the fun and good luck on your search. We will see you on the road shortly
Old 08-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Still shopping

We are going back to Colonial tomorrow and if all aligns correctly we should be the proud owners an Airstream
Old 08-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
The search is over

It looked the stars aligned correctly as we are now the proud owner of a 2012 25' Flying Cloud. should pick it up in a week or two
Old 08-10-2011, 10:00 PM   #34
4 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Austin , Texas
Congrats! You're going to live it!

Lynn
2005 19' Safari, Toyota Tundra
2 Small and Spoiled Dogs
lcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB International
Los Angeles , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by urnmor View Post
It looked the stars aligned correctly as we are now the proud owner of a 2012 25' Flying Cloud. should pick it up in a week or two
Looks like you will need to change your status since you are no longer "Currently Looking". Congratulations on your new AS.... It's going to seem like a LONG week or two!
WBCCI #1215
Air #54601

Remember... No matter where you go, there you are...

2009 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8, 4x4
Scott J-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:11 AM   #36
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Stupid Kool...grate nuze, don't forgit thoz photoz.

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:30 AM   #37
4 Rivet Member

2011 30' Flying Cloud
Arvada , Colorado
We bought our first rv - a 2006 28' International in early 2008. We thought that was exactly what we would ever want. Over time, we discovered that for us, it was not very comfortable nor spacious enough. The bench seating was terrible. Money and effort spent in re-stuffing the cushions, trying different pillows, etc., never helped. So, we bit the bullet and went with a new 30' Flying Cloud. The three feet difference seems much longer to us. Plus, we prefer the interior materials - cabinets, etc. - the the International.

Others have said that a purchase decision ought to be driven a good deal by your expected RV lifestyle. Since we expect to spend longer periods a full hookup CG's, the extra room of our Flying Cloud will surely work for us. The other major change we made was that we found that our existing Blue Ox hitch could not handle sway which we never experienced with the International. So, we made another investment in a used Hensley. Very frustrating to hook up the first couple of times, but now we are very pleased that we made that change. Good luck.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:21 AM   #38
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
No longer looking but still seeking advice

Yup needed to make that correction. More importantly I wanted to thank all of you for the great advice. It certainly assisted my wife and I in making our decision. Our first outing will probably be local as Assateaque Island is only 15 miles up the road.

The biggest option is the solar panels however I believe they will be very useful as many of the best sites in our National and State parks do not have hook ups.

We have not made up our mind concerning the extended warranty offered. I have read many of the posts and threads on them and agree that the price is way to high. I had one on my car for less then half. I may just do the self insuring or look into separate warranties on the major units such as the refrig. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

I will use USAA for insurance as I have been with them over 40 years and based on comments on the web join the good sam club for towing etc for both the TV and Airstream.

Again any thoughts and insights are always appreciated.

Happy trailering and looking to meet you all on the road
Old 08-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Urn', check out this thread on solar: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f448...ort-62608.html
You may not want to do it yourself, but you'll learn a lot from seeing how it is done. Lewster, a forum member who does solar installations if he's traveling in your neighborhood, recommends AM Solar as the best system.

With solar, it is good to upgrade the batteries and the converter. The OEM converter that Airstream has used in the recent past does not have a multistage converter and is not very good for batteries. Changing the batteries and converter is not something you have to do right away, but eventually is good for boondocking. New solar panels are smaller and you can mount several on the roof.

I never buy extended warranties. A very high percentage of the premium goes to the dealer and some of these warranties have many loopholes.

Gene
Old 08-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #40
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Same'o

Positive on Lewster

Negative on extended warrantee.

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB International
Los Angeles , California
I would love to get solar panels on our AS, but Lewster is back east and we are in Los Angeles. What's a a So. Cal 'streamer to do? Not sure I want our AS dealer to do the job, and don't want to have someone not familiar with Airstreams to try to do the job. BTW, anyone got a ball park figure ($$$) to get two 100-120w panels plus associated hardware and installation? Also, how much clear roof area is required for the panels? the PO installed a second Fantastic Vent and skylight in our AS (vent is a couple of feet from the aft end of the bed and the skylight is between the head and shower).
WBCCI #1215
Air #54601

Remember... No matter where you go, there you are...

2009 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8, 4x4
Scott J-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #42
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Hatboro , Pennsylvania
We have had our 06 Bambi since June and have spent 20 days in her so far , a little smaller than our Jayco 22 foot we had , but feels built better and they seem to make great use of space . We tow with a 2010 F150 and when pulling the Jayco we would get 9.5 to 10.5 mpgs , between 12.5 and 14 when pulling the Airstream . Very pleased so far !

kipper is offline   Reply With Quote