Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
Enthusiastic New AS'r

1985 31' Limited
Glenville , New York
Bought a Yellow Inverter Generator!

I know the holy grail of generators is the Honda followed closely by the Yamaha! Unfortunately they both come with hefty price tags, wayyy out of my budget! What I did do is tons of research on these types of generators, searched everywhere including ebay for a while until the best deal on the next best thing became available. Tomorrow (according to FedEx) my new Champion 2000w (73531i) generator will arrive! Ebay price was $399 w/ free shipping! If this little genny works out like I hope I will pick a connector cord and another Champion 2000w. For less than $800 for two generators, I'm hoping I did OK!

Question: Does anyone have practical experience with this item? Keep in mind, I've already purchased it, I can not afford to buy the blue or red boxes so no more lobbying efforts to promote the "best camping genny's since the invention of sliced bread"...thanks! Mark
Old 08-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #2
Tenkara Fly Angler

1975 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Vernon , Texas
I bought a 3500w Champion from Tractor Supply for 349.99 on sale a few months ago. RV ready. Runs very quiet.
WBCCI #8578
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
Enthusiastic New AS'r

1985 31' Limited
Glenville , New York
Yeah I heard lot's of complaints from rvr's that 68dba was outrageous and unwelcomed... I saw that deal but wanted to stay in the low 50dba range... Don't want my AS to get egged at the campground... My local Lowes had them a bit cheeper!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
Mark, I have no experience with the 2000' but.. I purchased a 6500 for the Hurricane Ike. This brand is very reliable, I ran it "out the box" for 4 days straight. I crank it monthly or so, add Stabil, and it runs like a champ. For a 6500 watt, it's noisy, but got the job done. Thank goodness I haven't had. To use it again. But it looks like there is something heading to the Carribean just now.

Good luck with yours.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 26
Fair Oaks , California
I have one of those Champion generators. Used it in my SOB trailer . Would not run my 1400 watt microwave . Not sure if it was drawing too much power between microwave and normal trailer load. I had no other appliances operating. Worked fine for the coffe maker. It is nice and quiet and starts easily.
Argosy Heir is offline   Reply With Quote