Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-28-2014, 04:51 AM   #1
GaRoc

2011 27 FB International
Dawsonville , Georgia
Bill of Sale format

I've searched the Airstream forums, and probably have missed the post where the information is located, but I am looking for the format for a good Bill of Sale now that I am selling my Airstream.
I have a buyer purchasing my Airstream next week, and it is free of a lein, I have the Georgia title, and I want to give the buyer a proper bill of sale.
Is there a specific form for a travel trailer that I can download from the internet, or is there one posted somewhere here on the Airstream Forums that I have missed?
Thanks
GaRoc
Dawsonville, GA
RoccoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:00 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
GA Bill of Sale

Hi,

Check out this site for some inspiration:

How to Write a Bill of Sale for an RV: 11 Steps - wikiHow
Old 04-28-2014, 06:01 AM   #3
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
a signed title is a bill of sale
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:59 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
In Alabama they want a bill of sale with the purchase price and both seller and buyer sign it. They also want the title. It needs to have the Vin number and the make, year, and model on it. With really old stuff like my trailer they don't want a title but the registration and a bill of sale. In some states like TN they want both the title and bill of sale and another state specific document. I expect in some Nanny states they want more than this.

Perry
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:05 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
The requirements vary by state. Look at your Department of Motor Vehicles website, and you will likely be able to download a canned form from them. In TX, it doesn't matter how inclusive you are with your DIY bill of sale, the sale will only be recognized if documented on the "official" form.

good luck
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:11 AM   #6
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by perryg114 View Post
In Alabama they want a bill of sale with the purchase price and both seller and buyer sign it. They also want the title.

Perry
Odd since many Alabama counties issue transferable registrations which is not a title… If you use a lost title service, 90% of the time you get an alabama trailer plate and a transferable registration.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:15 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
The most important thing is to have the seller name exactly the same as the title including any initials or middle names as printed on the title.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:08 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
If the vehicle is older than a certain age they won't title it in Alabama. I had a valid TN title from the PO and they did not even want that due to the trailer's age.

Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Odd since many Alabama counties issue transferable registrations which is not a title… If you use a lost title service, 90% of the time you get an alabama trailer plate and a transferable registration.
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:40 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
I bought my AS from a nice couple in TN. He copied the simple bill of sale used by the previous / original owner which we both signed. He signed over the title to me also. I had no problems getting it registered in KY but it had to be inspected by the state mobile housing inspector for things like fire extinguisher, emergency exit in the bedroom, various things on the outside dealing with the propane heaters etc. I had to pay about $50 for this. I got a receipt and took it back to the DMV and got my plate.

It's important on the bill of sale to include the VIN number and addresses of both parties. Also state the sale is "As is" which is assumed but nice to include in private sales. We did not have our signatures notarized.

The buyer of your AS should call his DMV and see if they require any additional paperwork beyond the bill of sale and signed title. In KY they require proof of liability insurance.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote