Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
"What I wouldn't give to meet this guy in a dark alley..."
Don't forget to bring a bunch of angry, betrayed teen orphans with you!

Old 12-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #114
4 Rivet Member

1974 23' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1947 25' Spartan , Manor
They aren't too bright either. It's such an obvious scam.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #115
4 Rivet Member

1974 23' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1947 25' Spartan , Manor
Quote:
Originally Posted by bredlo View Post
Don't forget to bring a bunch of angry, betrayed teen orphans with you!

Ha!! Or angry kid orphans with sticks and firecrackers!
I think Im going to send a fake payment form and then act like the trailer showed up. I'll then Photoshop a bunch of kids in front of a Bambi and send it to them with a big thank you!

I already have the western union payment slip (fake) to send. More problems for them...
Old 12-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #116
4 Rivet Member

1974 23' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1947 25' Spartan , Manor
UPDATE on scammer

In previous posts I mentioned how I agreed to buy the fake Bambi from this craigslist scammer. I've been keeping he on the hook, sending fake western union forms and trying to "correct" things when the scammer couldn't get his money.
To waste their time I have also had the scammer write up an entire list of states, cities, campsites and miles the supposed trailer has been to and traveled. They sent that and then I asked him to write up the experiences they had at each, was it fun? Can you list anything memorable?
They did this as well.
They have written that there is still an issue with the payment (no kidding since I didn't send anything), but I just wrote back and told them the trailer just arrived and it's perfect. I even attached a pictures.
This should be very confusing to the scammer who should have known by now that I'm not really going to buy it.... Just wasting their time as much as possible!
Old 12-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #117
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
Wow - this made my day. I'm just imagining them, staring at the computer... scratching their heads trying to figure this out. Love it!

Eric, I've found your terms quite agreeable. Please remove this entire thread - I want it, and will pay an extra $50 for the item. I await your happy compliance.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #118
2 Rivet Member

2000 25' Excella
Danville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H
In previous posts I mentioned how I agreed to buy the fake Bambi from this craigslist scammer. I've been keeping he on the hook, sending fake western union forms and trying to "correct" things when the scammer couldn't get his money.
To waste their time I have also had the scammer write up an entire list of states, cities, campsites and miles the supposed trailer has been to and traveled. They sent that and then I asked him to write up the experiences they had at each, was it fun? Can you list anything memorable?
They did this as well.
They have written that there is still an issue with the payment (no kidding since I didn't send anything), but I just wrote back and told them the trailer just arrived and it's perfect. I even attached a pictures.
This should be very confusing to the scammer who should have known by now that I'm not really going to buy it.... Just wasting their time as much as possible!
I think I had this same guy. He had a 25 2010 FB airstream for 2500.00 . He was stationed with the trailer in ft Lewis Oregon and was being sent overseas. (even tho the trailer was advertised on Phoenix Craigslist) I told him I wanted to fly up to check the trailer out first. He told me at this price it wouldn't be around for long. I asked him what his tow vehicle was and he said "I could get all that info on the AS website!" I asked him how AS knew what his tow vehicle was. He of course never answered me I
just read that a group out of one of those ex-Russian countries was responsible for 95%of all Internet fraud .
Old 02-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #119
4 Rivet Member

1974 23' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1947 25' Spartan , Manor
The trick to really having fun with these people is to never question their validity.Don't ever ask for anything they can't fake. Just thank them and get them on the hook with the promise you will it and will send the money as soon as possible.... Then you can ask them all sorts of crazy things to do, make them work for it, send them fake Western Union forms (which they will take to the store and get rejected), see if you can get them angry....and keep them hanging on....fun stuff.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #120
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
Ft.Lewis Oregon ?????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiefoss View Post
I think I had this same guy. He had a 25 2010 FB airstream for 2500.00 . He was stationed with the trailer in ft Lewis Oregon and was being sent overseas. (even tho the trailer was advertised on Phoenix Craigslist) I told him I wanted to fly up to check the trailer out first. He told me at this price it wouldn't be around for long. I asked him what his tow vehicle was and he said "I could get all that info on the AS website!" I asked him how AS knew what his tow vehicle was. He of course never answered me I
just read that a group out of one of those ex-Russian countries was responsible for 95%of all Internet fraud .
Last Time I was there it was in Washington,did they move the base ?
Dave
Old 02-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #121
4 Rivet Member

1962 24' Tradewind
Tucson , Arizona
Ran across one of these craigslist scams in Indianapolis when I was looking. A 16' Bambi for $4000. The scammer's response was
"I still have the camper available. Its condition is excellent with no issues at all; all the appliances are in working condition . Clean interior has no unpleasant odors of any kind (i.e.; pet, smoke, musty, etc.). Main floor doesn't show scuffs and blemishes. Carpeting and upholstery are in very good shape. There are no roof leaks of any kind. There is no water damage. Exterior shines nice, colors look good .It has a clear and clean title, free of all liens and encumberances.
Unfortunately I am not home and I can't sell it myself because my sister had a baby and she had some complications so she is still under medical care. Her husband asked me if I can come and take care of things around the house until she gets better. This is no problem for me as far as the transaction is concerned because I was selling this through E-As anyway. I believe you know what E-As is if you buy and sell online often, if you don't I'll be glad to walk you through the process. Let me know if you are still interested"

How dumb do they think people are?
Old 02-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #122
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 22
"Ther's a sucker born every minute" PTB
Unfortunately these guys do get people to fall for it. Best thing to do is flag as spam ASAP so someone doesn't.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #123

Hoxson , Tennessee
Craigslist Scams

It appears that another rash of scams about ridiculously low priced Airstreams has hit craigslist.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #124

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by volki
It appears that another rash of scams about ridiculously low priced Airstreams has hit craigslist.
It never really stops. I flag obvious scam listings nearly every day because I have an automated search in my region.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto — 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #125
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
And then you have this one which I think is overpriced...
2009 airstream bambi 19ft

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #126
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
And then you have this one which I think is overpriced...
2009 airstream bambi 19ft
Did they just fat finger in an extra "0"?