Old 11-24-2008, 09:59 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
I just used CraigsPal to search the entire country for airstream ads. I think I probably flagged about 30 of them for that Bambi! Some were already flagged, but the majority were not. I felt like I was playing space invaders all over again... search & destroy (or flag, in this case).

I did notice that when I flagged, I received messages that said it takes more than 1 person flagging to remove an ad. Any other warriors out there who want to "kill the bambi"? You can download CraigsPal for free, which is a search engine for the entire country. If you put in Airstream Trailer, you get everything that's currently out there. I'd love for some people to get on there and back up my flagging of all the scams! By the way, the bambi scam ads ranged from '05 to '07 and were about $5K-6K.

WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
TAC #WI-2
aircooled4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:39 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1990 34' Excella
1964 22' Safari
Savage , Minnesota
I just found and flagged three Babbi's within 500 miles of Minneapolis. They were in the states of IA, NE and MO. I'm with aircooled4 in the last post, we need to keep flagging these as it takes more than one flag to remove the ad.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:15 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
Does anyone have any "inside knowledge" and know how many times a Craigslist ad needs to be flagged before it's removed? I've gone back and re-flagged everything I had done last night, but just wondering how many times it will need to be done before they're gone? Just curious.
WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
TAC #WI-2
Old 11-25-2008, 03:24 AM   #46
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircooled4 View Post
Does anyone have any "inside knowledge" and know how many times a Craigslist ad needs to be flagged before it's removed? I've gone back and re-flagged everything I had done last night, but just wondering how many times it will need to be done before they're gone? Just curious.
Flagging is tracked by IP address, so no matter how many times you flag it, several others with different IP addresses will also have to flag it. Reflagging doesn't do a thing, except make you wonder why it's still there...
Old 11-25-2008, 03:35 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Flagging is tracked by IP address, so no matter how many times you flag it, several others with different IP addresses will also have to flag it. Reflagging doesn't do a thing, except make you wonder why it's still there...
Darn. Guess I'll have to flag them again from my work email. Do you happen to know how many flags it takes for removal?
WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
TAC #WI-2
Old 11-25-2008, 09:29 AM   #48
Rivet Master

1990 34' Excella
1964 22' Safari
Savage , Minnesota
All three that I flagged last night are gone. I flagged them as "Prohibited". I am also still interested in knowing the number of flags, and the right kind of flag. In my case, I have always flagged them as "Prohibited".
Old 11-25-2008, 02:49 PM   #49
Rivet Master

1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts8501 View Post
All three that I flagged last night are gone. I flagged them as "Prohibited". I am also still interested in knowing the number of flags, and the right kind of flag. In my case, I have always flagged them as "Prohibited".
That's interesting. I was flagging as "Spam" for lack of a better term. Maybe it doesn't matter how it's flagged, just that it IS flagged (?). As long as they're gone, I'm a happy camper
WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
TAC #WI-2
Old 07-06-2009, 11:25 PM   #50
4 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Land of fruits and nuts , California
The latest. I actually got an email back from "Robert" I may just toy with this choad licker for a little bit.

Hi my name is Robert,
The 2005 Airstream Bambi 19 ft' is still for sale. It is in perfect shape. It has no scratches, dents and it was never involved in an accident or something like that. Here are some pics: Picasa Web Albums - Airstrem Photos - 200519Airstre... The title is clear and on my name.
My final price is $5.800. I already has tons of emails so I hope you understand that I need to sort them out. I will take in consideration only those who are really interested in buying the trailer, to be sure that I don't waste my time with endless discussions that will lead to nothing. This way, I shall be assured of the serious intentions.
Thank you.
P.S. I will list the trailer on eBay at the buy it now price of $5,800 so you can purchase it there.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:39 PM   #51

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I sure am glad that the title is "clear on his name" and that the trailer was not involved in an "accident or something like that". I hope that you are able to cause this guy some serious grief.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:40 PM   #52
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Polk City , Iowa
It just shows that there are scammers that study a subject matter (Airstreams) where people are passionate and the trap is set. Thanks to everyone here that was willing to bear their soul. It is not easy to admit that you have been taken advantage of but your experience will help many others here.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:05 PM   #53
4 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
The latest email I recieved.

Hi again,
The trailer is already at a shipping company in Las Vegas, NV. I took the trailer to them to be able to ship it to a potential buyer while I'm out of town. My brother in law works there, and he promised me that it will cost me nothing to ship it to your address. I also have listed the trailer on eBay and that lets me use their secured system. I'm very busy with my job and I'm sorry I can't meet you in person. According to eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the trailer to inspect it, and decide if you want to keep it or not.
I've included the link to the auction, you can check my feedback and you will see that my intentions are serious :
eBay
Regards Robert Miller.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:14 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
The link you posted no longer works.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:52 PM   #55
4 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
I know, I just copied and pasted, but I think the douchebag did something so it wont copy and paste?? Beats me.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:03 AM   #56
3 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
Lake Oswego , Oregon
Me too

I responded to an ad in the Portland Oregon Craiglist and received the identical response. When I went back to flag
it, it was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyonnex View Post
Here is another one I flagged oon Craig's list. I emailed him just to ask him if the price was correct. It's not even listed on ebay, as far as I can see, but he keeps saying he wants to go through ebay. Below is the initial ad and then my response to him asking where the vehicle was located. I am pretty sure he wants me to send me to send the $3000 to some holding account, and then he will deliver the good...yeah right!

Re: 2005 Bambi on Craigs List‏From:Clarence Morales (clarence.morales@yahoo.com)Sent:Mon 8/25/08 5:37 PMReply-to:clarence.morales@yahoo.comTo: Rosie Stahl (roseyonnex@hotmail.com)
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my travel trailer. The trailer is in perfect condition, like new! The title is clear and I have already signed a release for the title to be transferred. You'll also receive all the papers required for registration , owner manual, keys, a buy-sell contract already signed by me. For this transaction I want to use ebay because I want to provide you a fast and very secure way. They will handle the transaction for me. You will make the payment to ebay and they will hold the money until you receive the trailer. ONLY AFTER you receive the trailer and you inspect it (for 5 days) they will release the payment to me. In this way we are both protected.
The trailer is in ebay's custody and will be shipped through DAS Shipping Company. The price is $ 3,400 with shipping costs and insurance included. The price is low because I want to sell the trailer very quickly. My husband died last month in Iraq and I along with my daughter we decided to sell the house and this Airstream and move to my sister.
If you are really interested in purchasing the trailer please send me your full name, shipping address and your phone number. ebay will notify you all the details about the shipping and payment.

Best Regards!

=========================
Type: Travel Trailer
Make: Airstream
Model: Bambi
Year: 2005
Leveling Jacks Included?: Yes
Length (Feet): 19
Water Capacity (Gallons): 6-10
Air Conditioners: 1
Sleeping Capacity: 4
Awnings: 1
Dry Weight (Pounds): 3550

The tires look brand new as does everything about this trailer...looks like it came right off the showroom floor. It's main bed is full size and is made of a real spring mattress, no sofa cusions to deal with here. The second bed is also full size and is located at the front dinette area. Trailer has a complete private bath with separate toilet, large shower, and sink/vanity. The kitchen has large 3 burner stove and combination convection/microwave oven. Trailer has lots and lots of storage both inside and outside compartments. There's great Sony cd stereo with four speakers in front and back end of trailer that sounds incredible. The large 3-way fridge has separate freezor compartment). The 17" flat screen tv(yes included) moves on bracket so you can watch it from any room.

And here is another email he sent me when I asked him where it the vehicle was and if I could come get it:

The trailer is in San Jose CA in ebay's custody. You will receive all the papers required for registration , owner manual, keys, a buy-sell contract already signed by me. This transaction is covered by ebay's purchase protection program up to 50,000 USD and if something goes wrong in this transaction you will be fully refunded. I strongly assure you it will not be the case for a refund. I have used Purchase protection program for vehicles in the past and all my transaction ended succesfully. You can deposit your money at ebay and after you will receive the trailer they will hold your money 5 days so you will have time to inspect it.

If you are really interested in purchasing the trailer please send me your full name, shipping address and your phone number. ebay will notify you all the details about the shipping and payment.

Thank you!