Old 11-17-2008, 12:58 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
If you want to have some fun ask to see the trailer and watch the excuses fly why you can"t

Old 11-19-2008, 10:37 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
The Gorgeous Pac Northwest , Washington
Just got this response last night from a post in Palm Springs.

Hi,
The trailer is still for sale.It is in perfect shape.It has no scratches,dents and it was never involved in an accident or something like that.Here are some more pics Shutterfly .The title is clear and on my name.I am forced by a bank loan to sell it so I need the money and I must do that.Dont worry,the loan does not involve the trailer.
My final price is $5800.I will take in consideration only those buyers who are really interested in buying the trailer, to be sure that I don't waste my time with endless discussions. This way, I shall be assured of the serious intentions.
Thank you
Laura
P.S.If you are decided to buy it,i will make a private auction just for you on eBay so you can purchase it there.That way you will receive assistance for the purchase,paperwork,title transfer and an extended warranty.They also are guaranteeing purchases up to 10.000 so we will both be protected.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:43 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
I just emailed her back and said that I want to come see it today! We'll see what she drums up as a response. Also asked for a VIN#. This is total B.S. that these people are doing this! I have many law enforcement friends and family and if we could only catch them...
Old 11-19-2008, 02:59 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1990 34' Excella
1964 22' Safari
Savage , Minnesota
The Bambi is back on Craiglist; Both Iowa City and Grand Rapids, MI

-Tim
Old 11-19-2008, 10:17 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Now they posted in my hometown, Tucson, Salt Lake & other west coast cities. I would urge anyone that did fall into this trap to file a complaint through the FTC as I did today. Luckily thanks to this site I did not fall into the trap and didn't lose money like others.

Here's the link: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
Old 11-20-2008, 05:06 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Here is the link to the Craigslist helper which will allow you to quickly search all the regions Craigslist serves. Craig's Helper - Search Craigslist Quickly and Easily I did not think any of our members would fall for this scam. We need to put a stop to it. I encourage our Air Forum members to use this tool to call up all these scam craigslist ads in your area and flag every one of them before another unfortunate person gets hurt.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:59 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1976 29' Ambassador
Madison , Officially SD but are traveling full time.
Same Bambi scam listed in Sacramento craigslist 11/18/08. I flagged it after trying to get more info. It is gone fron the listing.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:49 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
Here is the link to the Craigslist helper which will allow you to quickly search all the regions Craigslist serves. Craig's Helper - Search Craigslist Quickly and Easily I did not think any of our members would fall for this scam. We need to put a stop to it. I encourage our Air Forum members to use this tool to call up all these scam craigslist ads in your area and flag every one of them before another unfortunate person gets hurt.
Hi, just out of curiousity, I went on Craig's Helper and found this scam in six places and four more similar adds using the same pictures, but different prices.

(1.) North Dakota............$5805.00
(2.) Texas......................$missed it
(3.) Illinois......................$5840.00
(4.) Florida.....................$5850.00
(5.) Florida.....................$5810.00
(6.) New York.................$5821.00
And similar in:
(7.) Puerto Rico...............$6090.00
(8.) Guam.......................$5900.00
(9.) Guam.......................$6080.00
(10.) Guam.....................$6060.00

I don't know how to report these, but I'm sure they are all scams. The first six all had the same discription and Laura's E-mail address.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:34 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Reporting Craigslist scams

To kill the scam Ad, when you are on the ad, you click (flag)on the overposted/scam icon on the top right side of the ad. The ad will be taken off within automatically within seconds.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:59 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
Just went to craigs list ,yesterday and today had 28 of those scam postings.They put them up just as fast as they are flagged.Just gotta keep flagging. Dave
Old 11-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Nigerian fraud artists

While these frauds may seem unusual, my research indicates that Americans never, ever seem to learn. One web site I located a year or more ago on my research said that Americans lose over $400 million a year to Nigerians.

Just recently, my brother emailed me an article (I forget the city) that described how some nurse wired out $400,000 to Nigerians.

I've known about these frauds for over 20 years but there just seems to be an endless list of Americans who refuse to use their heads.

Sometimes I end up talking to these fraud artists in Nigeria in order to waste their time (I ask them to call me). The calls are kind of funny. They use typical American or British names yet speak with horrible accents, if you can understand them at all! On the other hand, some dumb Americans have actually traveled to Nigeria, absolutely the most significant error of their lives. Americans traveling to Nigeria to unwittingly meet with the fraud artists have been known to be held for ransom by government officials and even murdered in some cases. The Americans thought they were engaged in "due diligence!"

Bottom line: Do not ever wire funds to any person or entity that you do not know. Do not believe in "guarantees", fancy paper, fancy titles and b.s. explanations for why someone will give you $20 million if you first wire them money. Note that most Nigerian frauds tend to be "frauds within frauds." By this I mean that they offer to give you a bit chunk of money to help them illegally get millions of dollars out of their country. Americans who thus do "frauds within frauds" deals tend to be sheepish about even reporting their victimization to authorities.

Even though most of these frauds originate in Nigerian, the criminals sometimes use European addresses to cloak their true location.

Finally, I've noticed that most of these criminals are too cheap to hire assistants proficient in English. So even though you should never wire out money to unknown parties even if their English usage is perfect, very typically you can expect to see misspellings and other grammatical errors.

Tell your friends about these frauds because, as I say, the word is still not getting out!
Old 11-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #26

Tampa , Florida
scam....

mistermcfrug,

I realize that you "have know about these frauds for over 20 years" but the average American does not. I have never heard of Nigerian fraud prior to reading this thread. I fell for the scam because I felt protected by ebay...of course as I mentioned earlier in my posts, they spoofed ebays links, email addresses and even their phone numbers. It was not like someone said "Please send your money to Nigeria...I promise I will deliver you a trailer." I have purchased many things off ebay and craigslist and this transaction really appeared like other legitimate purchases I had made. These people are very good. Of course now I see all sorts of flags...everything is clear after the fact. But, to say that Americans just refuse to use their heads is really not fair. Sorry I am a little bitter right now..at these crooks and at the FBI's lack of support. What an eye opener this has been for me.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:15 PM   #27
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by valynnda View Post
...to say that Americans just refuse to use their heads is really not fair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valynnda View Post
I am a little bitter right now.. ..at the FBI's lack of support.
Mistermcfrug is right then, at least in one sense; the FBI ARE a bunch of Americans, and they're certainly refusing to use their heads - or do their job - by not putting these scammers out of business once and for all!
Old 11-21-2008, 07:29 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

1957 22' Flying Cloud
Lone Jack , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by bredlo View Post
they're (FBI) certainly refusing to use their heads - or do their job - by not putting these scammers out of business once and for all!
You are probably unaware that these scams originate and are orchestrated from outside the United States. To that end there are jurisdictional issues for successful prosecution. Foremost is that the people whom are "refusing to use their heads" or are refusing to "do their job" have absolutely NO authority over some crook in Nigeria regardless of what you see on TV. Besides you wouldn't go to Nigeria to testify anyway.

The best the US authorities can offer you is to aid the foreign authorities whom probably are not the least bit interested in your problems.

Pop.528

"You better learn it fast; you better learn it young"-John Fogerty
Larry in MO is offline   Reply With Quote