Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2015, 10:14 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' International
Sewickley , Pennsylvania
Arbogast RV in Troy OH- any purchase experiences?

Hello,

I'm considering placing a 2016 order from this dealer and was curious whether anyone has purchased from them? They mainly deal in SOBs but seem to sell a lot of Interstates as well. We visited in the summer and they had no Airstream travel trailers in stock.

I'm price shopping them with a few other dealers (the usual suspects) and right now they're in the lead by a decent margin. I'm a little apprehensive... I realize price isn't everything but it's a wide enough gap right now to matter.

If anyone has experience, I'd love to hear it.. PM if that's more appropriate.

Thanks!
Eric
Seinbelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 11:28 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Don't know the dealer... but make sure you get a written offer that is specified as "out the door" with all prep charges, dealer inspection charges, state inspection sticker, installation of the hitch, local and state taxes, tags - and washing/waxing, etc., etc., etc.

It's amazing how much B.S. a dealer can add on between the "price" and the "out the door" price. 90% of a "great deal" can go away.

When you do go to an out-of-state dealer it's almost certain that there will be some state or local tax or tag fee that the dealer doesn't charge - so ask them to specifically detail anything that might pop up after the close (In Virginia Beach there's a local CITY sticker fee (and they don't even issue stickers any longer) that costs $25-$30... not a big deal but some others might be big?) Colonial DID quote me the state sales tax and titling fees for VA, so I'm not complaining... but there are other dealers who DO fit that old joke, "How do you know a used RV salesman is lying? - His lips are moving."
Old 11-28-2015, 05:05 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Are they the dealer that specializes in class b motor homes? If so, they would probably know more about your interstate than most AS dealers who specialize in trailers would. Just thinking.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 07:17 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
I always shop for the best price, service is secondary. You are in the perfect part of the country to take that attitude as the Airstream Service Center in Jackson Center, Ohio is not that far from Pittsburgh. Check out RVDirect.com they will give you an online quote in 5 minutes and believe me beating their price will take some doing. BTW, their quote is out the door, no BS. Your home state sales tax & plate fee will be your responsibility.
TAC FL-47
2018 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 07:36 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
We live in Ohio and shopped both them and Haydocy in Columbus. Price was about the same but had a better sales experience and selection at Haydocy.
remphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 11:08 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
arlington heights , Illinois
Arbogast experience

We bought our 2013 AI from them and had a pleasant experience. They found a year old unit for us that had hardly been used. Even though we live near Chicago, we take the unit back to them for service.
paullovern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 11:17 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Farmville , Virginia
We worked with Mark Harris. Got the best price and the service and sales experience was nothing short of outstanding. We went all the way there from Central Virginia for our 2014 International Serenity 27FB.
2013 Ford F-150 XLT Super Cab (Silver)
VA Plate: WYO2VA
HoffmanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 12:15 PM   #8

2016 27' Flying Cloud
St Louis , Missouri
Arbogast

Mark Harris was great

We bought our 2016 27 FB Flying Cloud from him last month

Best price very thorough service

Fred Cotsworth
St Louis
fredmartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 06:01 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Lenoir City , Tennessee
More kudos for Mark Harris. Bought our 2016 Interstate from him this past July. He's one of the best salesman we've ever had for any product. When we did our walk through we noticed three very small issues that needed to be addressed. The shop tech told us to go eat lunch and all would be perfect when we got back - and he was right. I just wish Arbogast was closer to us to use service.
WBCCI - #4335
2005 Diesel Excursion
2008 31' Custom Classic "Moonshine"
2016 Interstate "BugOut"
kfrere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 07:22 PM   #10
1 Rivet Member

Tampa , Florida
Purchased a 25 FB Flying Cloud from Mark Harris in October 2014. Extremely satisfied with customer service.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Magic Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 01:35 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
2014 30' Classic
Princeton , Iowa
I bought a trailer from them 2.5 years ago, everything went well.
larryglarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:05 AM   #12
3 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Newport , Pennsylvania
I bought a new 2015 Classic from Mark Harris and I shopped everywhere, Lazy Days. North Trail RV and New Jersey and Mark's deal was the best cash price. he had it there when we agreed and the unit was gone over thoroughly. we have had it a year and no issues. We ordered it with solar and the factory back up camera.

we ordered it in October for a March delivery with a only a $1000.00 deposit, Mark called and January and said the trailer came in early, I explained we were in Florida until the end of March, his reaction was it will be here when you get here. He never ask me to pay for it and I volunteered and he said not a issue as they like their customers to see the trailer and be satisfied prior to payment

that was first class in my opinion, he also assured my wife that it would stay locked and no one would go in it.

I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM HIGHLY.
EARL
EarlM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:25 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' International
Sewickley , Pennsylvania
Thank you all! That was exactly what I was hoping to hear. We are working with Mark as well...

This forum is amazing. Look forward to ordering the trailer and then spending the next 5 months before we take delivery learning as much as we can.

Thanks,
Eric
Seinbelld is offline   Reply With Quote