Old 04-20-2014, 06:11 AM   #29
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Clover , South Carolina
We are going to camp outside Pigeon Forge at Up The Creek Camp Ground. Our two favorite places in that area are the Cade's Cove Camp ground and Elkmont but neither have hook ups so we decided to break it in at a full hook camp. Going for four days over the May 4th weekend.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:03 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Of the dealers you mention I would put a word in for JD Sanders. I was there in November to have a panel replaced at the recommendation of Airstream (they have a metal guy there and not all dealers do). I had called them earlier to try and go there. When I called to make the reservation for the summer the guy said why drive here for that, there are a few really good dealers that can do that work and one is not too far from you. At the time I was there Sanders had about 8 new units in the front. They are a family business out in the country basically. I was told that they cater to those who buy from them so that might be a factor too. While it is true that dealers HAVE to provide warranty work, there is a difference as I have experienced with cars.

Another consideration too if you do not mind a few more hours or are heading south. My town, Fort Myers, opened a dealership and they have a dozen or so on display according to their website= North Trail RV. Consider the model you are interested in and go from there.

I purchased from Bates and am unfamiliar with the new Tampa RV. The Orlando dealer is new as well.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:10 AM   #31
Slide Out Society #001

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Mdshope,

You guys are in SC how about joining us at Wateree SP in September, Alumalina. We had about 50 plus rigs and good times.

It's in the rally section.

Enjoy the new rig.

Gary
S/OS #001
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Carslile Actuator, Equal-i-zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook.
GCinSC2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:56 PM   #32
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Clover , South Carolina
Gary I sure appreciate the offer we already have a trip in September for Huntington Beach State Park. Michael
Old 04-20-2014, 06:22 PM   #33
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Edisto Island , South Carolina
We bought our 25' Flying Cloud from Out of Doors Mart in North Carolina. We live near Charleston SC. They had a very good inventory of units and our experience with them was fine. A subsequent service visit one year later for some warranty work went equally well. They took us in on relatively short notice and took care of things efficiently. There is a campground about 15 or 20 minutes away as well, run by the city of High Point. Couldn't justify going to New Jersey. The price was no better in NJ and they did not have what we wanted in stock.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:17 PM   #34
2 Rivet Member

Hilton head island , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdshope View Post
So our experience at Out of Doors Mart was good. We went there intending to buy a used 28' foot camper we felt the price was inline with the pictures we saw of it online. When we got there the sales men we had talked to was ready to show us all the units we wanted to see. We already had price quotes for new 25' 27' and 28' Airstream from several other dealers. The used unit looked in great condition but a few things steered me away from it. No warranty, I am sure for a veteran RVer this may not be a big deal but it maid me uncomfortable. The second thing and the biggest is to me was in the bedroom under the window on the left side of the bed the floor seemed to have a spot the gave more then I would have expected and really squeaked. This may not have been a big deal but the sales man had no idea what was and made it seem like it would be a big deal to look into anything in the subfloor. It wasn't squishy soft but it was bothersome. The third thing is the slides for the cabinet shelf next to the toilet were very difficult to close and open. The closer you got to the closing either side of the sliding cabinet doors it seemed as if the opening was getting smaller and put the door in a bind. The combination of all three of these things was just to much for me to go with it over the new 28'. In the end we did opt to purchase a new 28' Airstream. The final pricing of the unit was a little better than what I was able to negotiate with the other dealers about 17.5% off MSRP I have seen listed. I may have been able to try and negotiate more or continued looking for the perfect used Airstream but I was ready to start RVing. I feel good about the unit, price and feel like we just bought a vacation home in the Mountains, no Beach or maybe Desert......you get the picture :-) Attachment 210030
I definitely agree with your thinking. Good purchase! If you ever come by Hilton head let me know so I can check that puppy out. Did you purchase a tow vehicle recently as well or did you already have something? We have been debating back and forth getting a truck or large SYV now... Or just wait until we find our airstream then by all at once..
Old 04-20-2014, 07:45 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Aldie , Virginia
If you extend your radius slightly, you'll wind up discovering Safford RV in Fredericksburg Va. Avoid them at all costs. Avoid their sales agents, avoid their parts department, avoid the "service" center.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:45 PM   #36
Archie

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Ridgeland , Mississippi
Foley RV in Gulfport, MS. We recently purchased our 2014 30ft Flying Cloud from them.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:15 PM   #37
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Westlake , OH(summer)NC(winter)
Step one completed!! Purchased a 2011 Yukon Denali this week. Next step.......25 or 27 FC front bedroom with twins.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:27 PM   #38
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Clover , South Carolina
Just brought home a new 28' on Thursday. It is a pretty awesome feeling! We cannot wait until Friday next week we will be headed to TN for four nights.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:31 PM   #39
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Westlake , OH(summer)NC(winter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdshope View Post
Just brought home a new 28' on Thursday. It is a pretty awesome feeling! We cannot wait until Friday next week we will be headed to TN for four nights.

So you we we happy with Out of Doors Mart? We live in Pinehurst (part time) so it's only a short trip.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:40 PM   #40
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Clover , South Carolina
I was happy with the pricing! I will be honest I was not impressed with the salesman we dealt with. He was not all that knowledgable or motivated to demonstrate or show you around. Lucky for him we were motivated to buy and had done enough research we knew what we wanted and already had several quotes. Everyone else at the dealership was very nice and easy to deal with. If I was ever going to buy again or refer a family member or friend I would use Out of Doors Mart again.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:45 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
On April 30, 2014 we picked up our new 2014 27' FB FC from Orlando RV. Scott Lafferty, mentioned in a previous post, was our salesman, and we also recommend him. For us, having a dealership only 40 miles away was a big factor in negotiating our purchase price. Having said that, I believe I could have found a lower price at a dealer 1,000 miles away, but factoring in travel costs for the trip up and back, and time, made the price we paid very acceptable to us. We purchased new in 2006 from Bates RV, now Tampa RV and owned by RV One along with Orlando RV, and got a very good deal, but Bates service was notoriously bad. I've seen Airstream Corporate people all over these two new dealerships, so it seems that Airstream, Inc. is working hard to make Tampa and Orlando RV premier Airstream dealers in Florida. We are looking forward to having a good relationship with a 1st class Airstream dealer and service center near us.
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2006 Lincoln Mark LT - Hoke

A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a cash advance
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:53 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2015 30' Flying Cloud
2016 30' Classic
Covington , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiedh View Post
Foley RV in Gulfport, MS. We recently purchased our 2014 30ft Flying Cloud from them.
I second foley RV in gulfport. Great dealership. I also recently purchased my 30ft flying cloud from them. I could not be happier with all aspects of the purchase.