Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-06-2008, 01:30 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Longview , Washington
23 cnb?

I'm looking for a 23 foot airstream that sleeps 5 or 6 people, and I've come across listings for a 23 foot CNB, and I was wondering what this means. I know what the International CCD and Ocean Breeze are, but can't seem to figure out what CNB stands for. These seem to be cheaper than the CCD or Ocean Breeze.

Thanks.
msmst25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:00 AM   #2
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmst25 View Post
I'm looking for a 23 foot airstream that sleeps 5 or 6 people, and I've come across listings for a 23 foot CNB...
hi '25 and welcome to the forums!

cnb usually indicates a 'corner bed and corner bath' floor plan i think, and used on newer units.

these are units that have the main mattress against either the street or curb wall...

as apposed to twin bed or center bed models which might be 'fb' front bed or 'rb' rear bed layouts.

and not to be confused with the older units (70s back) that may have had mid trailer beds (center bed) and a full rear bath.

the corner beds can be various widths and lengths and usually the corner bath is next to the bed, width wise.

from outside these floor plans are usually identified by the small OFF CENTER rear window...

sleeping 5-6 people in ANY 23 is gonna be very very tight...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:27 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman View Post
sleeping 5-6 people in ANY 23 is gonna be very very tight...
Even with adding bunks -- and that hardware hasn't been available for years.

Even the 25' Six Sleeper is an optimistic misnomer in my opinion. That assumes that 2 can sleep on the dropped dinette table -- maybe up until age 10 or so. 5-6 people? They all wouldn't find sitting room at dinner with a drizzle going outside.

It's not a fuel-efficient answer but the most surefire solution is the out-of-production http://www.airforums.com/forums/f292...lub-29241.html.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:05 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Longview , Washington
Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm limited in the weight that I can tow with my truck, a Toyota Tundra Double Cab that maxes out just over 7000 pounds. I also tend to transport a lot of extra recreational gear around with me as well, so I don't want to push the limits of what's safe. I'm considering the 25SS safari, but I think it might be a little too heavy.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:20 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1969 23' Safari
New Orleans , Louisiana
you're a prime candidate for VINTAGE... got any building skills and a lotta time to burn? I could see your Tundra hauling a lightweight 25-27 Tradewind from the Fifties... the earlier the trailer, the lighter the weight..

I haul a 69 Safari 23 with my '01 Tundra, no probs...we sleep 5, but two are dogs...
fotochop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Longview , Washington
I've considered that option, but my wife has nixed it. She's probably the smarter one amongst us. I've spent the last 2 1/2 years building a 2500 sf woodshop/gameroom/climbing wall, and I'm still not done. My next project may be a smaller vintage trailer to finish just in time for when the kids graduate high school (my oldest is starting kindergarten this year).
Old 08-07-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Longview , Washington
Just to let you know, I put down a deposit on the 25SS/SE safari yesterday, and I'm picking it up on Monday. I'll probably get the Equalizer Hitch for it, but I'll see how it goes hauling it home.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #8
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmst25 View Post
Just to let you know, I put down a deposit on the 25SS/SE safari yesterday, and I'm picking it up on Monday. I'll probably get the Equalizer Hitch for it, but I'll see how it goes hauling it home.
Congrats on the new trailer, that's a great model. Have a safe trip home

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #9
_

. , .
congrats on the new trailer!

i once full timed in my a/s moho in longview...

for about 2 years.

i liked that area and still do...

have fun with your 'stream!

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote