Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2004, 08:49 AM   #1
pezz

1982 34' Limited
mire poix , midi pyrenees
News from Europe

Hi all
So the summer is here again and here at Airstream Europe camping we're up to a flying start.
We have 2 meetings this year 23rd and 24th of July and 19th and 20st of August.
We have now a 1953 Silver streak clipper to our fleet and an Airstream cafe.

Everyones just loves our camping here, we're keeping it small, beautifull and freindly.

Here is a picture of me getting ready for the meeting.

More photos of the cafe and the camping on my site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	perry cleaning cafe 255K.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	7775  
Old 07-16-2004, 09:11 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Wow!

What a nice addition to your campground! If you remember, I was in there a few years ago while touring Europe. I'm anxious to get back!

For any who have a chance, Perry has a great thing going over there- you can fly in to either France or Spain, take a rental car from the airport, drive a day and be staying in an All American Airstream. Its a BEAUTIFUL setting and he really knows the area- sent us to all the nice spots.

My favorite car to rent there is the Smart- available with a 600cc diesel- incredible economy and drives like a big car- the coupe or convertible are great, but they now have the Smart ForFour and its got more room.

Perry is English BTW, so there are no communication issues while you're staying there, if you non parlez francais...

Airstreaming in Europe appears to be on the rise- I hope you'll have room for us next time we get by there- how much notice do you need? Are you full for August yet? Cliff
millionairstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 01:43 AM   #3
pezz

1982 34' Limited
news from europe

Hi Cliff

Nice to hear from you.
You left your hat here, 'll keep it safe till next time.
Yeah we have a little room left in August but it's feeling quick.
We have a nice couple at the moment from california and a family in Tokyo want to come out this summer.
So as you can see the word is getting out.
Thanks for the infos on the silver streak.
Hope to see you back here sometime.
Bye for now
PERRY
Old 07-18-2004, 06:47 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Don't worry about the hat- I can't even remember which it was- just help me if I have to come short notice- I'm planning on hanging around Monaco for awhile and hope to get over your way, but won't know until 2 days before I leave for there.

Get the crepe iron ready- and don't forget the Nutella! There goes my diet...! I had a banana/chocolate/chantilly one the last time in St Marie de le Mer- can we make those at your place? I can see one sitting on that AS Cafe right now...

I had an awesome steak and huge "salad fruits de mer" at that little restaurant on the west side of St Marie- over next to the Camping de Petit Rhone- on that little side road. The Camargue is a truly incredible place- I'll hit there for a day on the way over to your place. Talk to ya soon!
Old 07-21-2004, 05:23 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

melbourne
I think I've seen that-

was it previously used in Nice or Cannes?

I remember one like that also up near Paris at one time- but it was all closed up- tight as a drum- had aluminum window covers that were attached from the inside. I think they were selling beer out of it- good reason for locking it up properly!

Never been to Perry's, but sounds nice! Do you rent caravans or just pitches?
austreampete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 02:17 AM   #6
pezz

1982 34' Limited
news from europe

yes thats the one,but it was biarritz and yes it was also in paris under the eiffel tower. Yes it sold beer and stuff. I got it out of that noisy city and now it's enjoying its semi retirement here in the beautifull Pyrenees, in my camping.
I call my trailer park a camping as trailer park over here means a place to park cars and lorries. I'd love to call it a trailer park but not good for bussness.
Getting back to the airstream cafe as its called, it was very well made, I met the archiotect who did it.
Hope to offer you an airstrema cocktail one day.
Yes we rent Airstream trailers in our camping not only the pitches.
They all have full hookups.
Here is a nice picture of the cafe;
Bye for now
PERRY
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	as890102.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	7933  
Old 07-22-2004, 05:21 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

melbourne
Good day-
Yeah- I was in Biarritz one year, so I guess thats where it was- I remember seeing it somewhere by the seaside, and also on Champs Elysees someplace close to Drugstore Publicis in Paris.

It looks to be exquisitely made! All that flooring and the stools are a perfect fit and compliment the Airstream perfectly.

What is the altitude where your campground is? You say in the Pyrenees, but how high? I love that region- the mountains there are like nowhere else.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:04 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
I love the cafe. That is realy neat!

My sister has a place in Germany for a few more months till her Husband is Discharged form the Military. I have an open invite to stay at her place and I am thinking strongly about doing so. I will not a get a chance to see the area so cheap again. Maybe I will have to come down and visit for a few days and rent one of the Airstreams.

Need to see if I can come up with the cash to do this. My job is gone in the next few weeks but my lay severance payout would be great if don't take another job within the company. Hmmmmm
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 03:46 AM   #9
pezz

1982 34' Limited
news from europe

Hello Austreampete
Here is a picture where you probably saw it.
As for the campsite we are in the foothills of the Pyrenees at 370m altitude.
So we see the Pyrenees rather than beeing right into them.
We are not far from Andorra if you know the area.
Here is Very quiet very beautifull and very airstream.
By for now
Perry
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2004, 03:50 AM   #10
pezz

1982 34' Limited
Hi 59toaster
Well that would be fine if you could get yourself out here.
If you can find a cheap flight from germany I can pick you up from the airsport.
The airports near me are Toulouse or Caracassonne.
Nice to know you like the cafe.
We're having an airstrema meeting the 19th and the 20th of august, showing films etc..
Bye for now
PERRY
Old 07-24-2004, 03:45 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

melbourne
Now that I see the photo, I distinctly remember it!

The camping sounds great, I have to get over there- I love the Pyrenees. Anyone who's experienced that region knows what I mean. The food over there is great too, French food with some influence from Spain. I spent time in Pamplona and Huesca in Spain, and in Carcassone in France- we toured all the castles- it was beautiful...
Old 07-25-2004, 01:23 AM   #12
pezz

1982 34' Limited
News From Europe

Hi austreampete
Yeah, we're 30miles west from Carcassonne, did you pass through andorra to get to Spain ?
Yes everyone seems to love the food around here.
I don't know if you get that dry saussage in the USA.
Where we live there is quite a lot of foie gras.
Yes there are a lots of medieval castle, we know a man who has a castle with a big court yard, be great for an airstream rally, i'm working on it.
Here is a little photo of the Pyrennes from our place.

Anyone else who's reading this, I'm not trying to promote my camping on this forum, I'm just talking about what I do and where I live.
We have plenty of interest for our camping over here.

Bye for now
PERRY
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	view of the pyrenees mountains from the house internet.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	7992  
Old 07-25-2004, 08:06 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

melbourne
It sounds like a great place to stay and be centrally located for nice day trips, and the fact that your in the foothills is a definite plus when pulling a caravan up the mountains.

How is it there for sports like biking/rafting/kayaking? I have to burn off those Kcals after munching all that great food. Can you rent Kayaks close by?
Old 07-28-2004, 06:04 AM   #14
3 Rivet Member

Toaster-

[QUOTE=59toaster]I love the cafe. That is realy neat!

My sister has a place in Germany for a few more months till her Husband is Discharged form the Military. I have an open invite to stay at her place and I am thinking strongly about doing so. I will not a get a chance to see the area so cheap again. Maybe I will have to come down and visit for a few days and rent one of the Airstreams.]

Word has it that the USA under Bush, Wolfowitz, and Perle, will remove most every military installation from the "non israeli friendly" old Europe, and move them to the easily bought off new Europe. Better get to the bases there and utilize their proximity while they're available. The plan is supposed to move them to places like Romania, Slovakia, and Estonia- where anti israeli sentiments of the citizens are quickly dispelled with large amounts of cash to the governments. Those places and people are used to being shut down since soviet days, and are easier for the US to control and manipulate for the good of israel.

Enjoy Germany while you still can- maybe the election will save it, but who knows?
Old 08-01-2004, 03:11 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

melbourne
Speaking of food!

Good day Perry- I'm sure you've had this, but think about it for a quick fix for hungry campers. When I was there last, a friend served the most incredible dish, and when I asked him what the recipe was, he handed me a can- Cassoulet au Confit de Canard (duck) and said he got it at LIDLS- you know the place I'm sure, it's a store from Allemagne that has locations all over Europe. Anyway, I went and bought 2 cases- at €1.50 for 850 grams, it feeds 2 hungry adults, and is ready in the micro in 2 minutes! The stuff is like instant gourmet meal for pennies. I lived on it while traveling there, even brought 6 cans home!

Makes me want to clear my schedule and come over just thinking about it!

Cheers! Peter.