Old 04-28-2008, 08:36 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1959 24' Tradewind
Ludlow , Shropshire
Is there anybody out there in the UK?

Hello to all you Airstreamer. I am putting a call out to all you Airstream owners in the UK. My husband and I have a 195o's Tradewind and have spent a year restoring it to it's former glory. Now we are ready for some adventures with our 3 boys and I was just wondering if there are any rallies or get togethers of Airstreams in England, Scotland or Wales. We know about Airstream Europe and we are hoping to visit Perry in Mirepoix this summer but we are also looking for something closer to home. We haven't heard of or seen any other silver bullets on our travels so if you are out there please let us know.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:11 AM   #2
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Hi TW Kid, Welcome to the Forums

You may do an Advanced Search of the Members List for people who listed their home country as England. The results show 171 people.

Best wishes,

Steve

Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1959 24' Tradewind
Ludlow , Shropshire
Thanks Steve. I will try that. It takes a while to find your way around a site that is new to you. Hopefully this will help my search for UK airstreamers and to get the info I need. Thanks again, TWKID
Old 04-28-2008, 02:19 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Lakefield , ON
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Welcome to the Forums!!

Hope you find some people to Rally with...What about trying to go through some of the dealers, they might put you in touch with new owners. Or the different caravan clubs might have lists of people that list what caravan they might have?

I could not help but notice where you live....Ludlow! - I spent many years as a young girl in Ludlow. My Nana and Grandad had a caravan in the park by the castle and then lived up on Clee Hill.

I was born in Stafford and we emigrated to Canada on the Empress of England in 1968.

If you are ever this way - with or without Trailer you are most welcome.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:33 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1960 22' Safari
Stamford , Rutland UK
Send a message via Yahoo to Maybricks
Hi
Welcome on board!
Sorry we missed your previous posts !! We are incredibly busy at the moment with lots of people shouting at us to have their Airstreams ready for the Summer.

There are quite a few vintage owners in the UK.... mostly hiding though

We are hoping to put together at least one rally this year and maybe even a few 'not really a rally rally' or meets as we are now the Tin Can Tourist reps for the UK

You would be welcome to come down and visit us in the meantime

If you google Vintage Vices Forum and post for other owners in your area I'm sure you will get a response as I know there are some nearby.
Lots of people check out our site although most owners in the UK seem more than a little shy

www.vintage-americana.co.uk

+44 (0)7984 662 532

Maybricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:17 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1959 24' Tradewind
Ludlow , Shropshire
Hi GT1963. Its a small world isnt it? What was the names of your nan and grandad? My mother in law grew up on Clee Hill and very likely knew them. Thanks for posting on my thread. It is great talking to fellow tin can owners!!
Old 04-30-2008, 01:19 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1959 24' Tradewind
Ludlow , Shropshire
Hi Silver Connie. Its a shame that there are fellow owners out there that are hiding. We are really keen to meet you and them. It is great to know that there is a forum for the UK also and will definately be visiting that soon. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2008, 01:58 AM   #8
Addicted to Aluminum

1959 18' "Footer"
1964 24' Tradewind
1954 29' Liner
Woodstock , Georgia
I have cousins by marriage that live on Clee Hill NOW! What a coincidence! We're flying over to see the whole fam this Friday, in fact. The view's nice on top of the hill where that radar station is. We usually spend a day in Ludlow as well.

Funny how small this world really is.

JP

there's always room for one more!
A-Merry-Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:57 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1960 22' Safari
Stamford , Rutland UK
Hi
We got your mail and added you as a member. I have great respect for anyone who commits and goes for one of these vintage trailers but even more for active members who aren't scared to post on a forum

They are a great bunch on here... really friendly and helpful. You will find most anything you need and plenty of advice when your stuck but some things just don't work the same in the UK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradewindkid
Hi Silver Connie. Its a shame that there are fellow owners out there that are hiding. We are really keen to meet you and them. It is great to know that there is a forum for the UK also and will definately be visiting that soon. Thanks!

+44 (0)7984 662 532

Old 04-30-2008, 05:00 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1960 22' Safari
Stamford , Rutland UK
Hi JP
If your having a wander around the country and have time for a vist we would love to see you. Give us a call if you have time to drop in

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Merry-Can
I have cousins by marriage that live on Clee Hill NOW! What a coincidence! We're flying over to see the whole fam this Friday, in fact. The view's nice on top of the hill where that radar station is. We usually spend a day in Ludlow as well.

Funny how small this world really is.

JP

+44 (0)7984 662 532

Old 05-01-2008, 04:33 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

1959 24' Tradewind
Ludlow , Shropshire
Hi JP, I didnt realise there were that many people up on CleeHill!!! When you are up there, look down to the left of Ludlow and if you see something shining..... thats our Airstream!! Cool! Hope you have a great time in Shropshire. Ludlow Brewery does a great pint.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:07 AM   #12
Addicted to Aluminum

1959 18' "Footer"
1964 24' Tradewind
1954 29' Liner
Woodstock , Georgia
That's funny! I'll look for it if we get out there. Last check, the whole gang was coming to Rugby to meet us (though i prefer the countryside MUCH better!) Do you know Emma and Pete Dajavs? They live in an old farmhouse on the main road over the hill. Emma was on GMTV as mother of the year (they have 4 kids).

I can't WAIT to plop down in a few pubs over there! I love english bitters... IMPOSSIBLE to get over here!

Tally ho! Time to pack!

JP

Old 05-02-2008, 07:10 AM   #13

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
TWkid ~

Hope you have the opportunity to meet up with JP at a local pub. BTW - I sent you a PM and am hoping you'll answer my query about your TradeWind.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:17 AM   #14
Addicted to Aluminum

1959 18' "Footer"
1964 24' Tradewind
1954 29' Liner
Woodstock , Georgia
Just checked with the misses. Looks like we're going to the May Fair in Ludlow on Sunday! I'll wear an Airstream hat so I stand out.

JP