Old 05-02-2008, 10:29 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Originally Posted by tradewindkid
Hi GT1963. Its a small world isnt it? What was the names of your nan and grandad? My mother in law grew up on Clee Hill and very likely knew them. Thanks for posting on my thread. It is great talking to fellow tin can owners!!
Sorry for slow reply... - have been busy with a hearing this week.

Nana and Grandad - Janet and Ed Kay - they lived in the council establishment just up from the grocer.

We used to play in the big quarry and go for walks up by the big golf ball?? Oh yes JP the radar station that is it if you check in hope you had a good flight over and have great trip - post a pic when you get back

My Grandad used to play the bagpipes up on the moors. Wonder if they still graze the sheep up there. They both came from Scotland after Grandad retired. He was a bridge engineer.

There is a great little pub at the top of the hill on the left - and the owner gave me a whole bunch of souvenirs from his pub when I was over back when I was 21 - wow that is more than half a life time ago now...

It really is a very small world

Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright now, then it is not the end.
GT1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:59 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member
1959 24' Tradewind
Ludlow , Shropshire
Hey JP, that is so weird. My kids go to school with Emmas kids. By the time you get thid you will probably be over here. I will give Emma a ring this morning so if you want to come and see our Tradewind you are more than welcome. Cool, I just love the world wide web!! TWKID

tradewindkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:14 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member
1966 26' Overlander
Melksham , Wiltshire
Hi, Tradewindkid we have 1966 Overlander hidden away in Dorest and spent most of last summer staying on one site while working on the interior and replacing window seals to keep the water out... ( here's hoping for a better summer this year)

Happy Airstreaming !

JuliaPowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #18
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Rockport , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Jaxon Send a message via Yahoo to Jaxon
Wow... Shropshire, Ontario, Georgia, Rutland, Arizona, Wiltshire, Ohio... all in 17 posts! Man-o-man, sure is a small world. All lovin' them Airstreams! Maybe it's genetic?
Bill & Kim
34 Classic Limited w/slideout (Anabelle)
Chevy Silverado * 2500HD Duramax * LTZ
WBCCI 7005 * AIR 9218

The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:59 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member
2008 532 International
Rye, East Sussex , UK
Hello from East Sussex!

I've just ordered a new 532 International that I collect in just over a week's time, having considered an Airstream for years. I doff my cap to those brave and clever enough to restore an older model, but I'm completely useless when it comes to anything practical!

I think a European network of Airstreamers is a great idea. I can't wait till I see another AS on the road or on a site.

Cheers for now.

They all laugh because we're different.

We all laugh because they are all the same.
ajdesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:14 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member
1968 26' Overlander
London (UK) / San Francisco , London / California
Hi from London...

We've got a '68 Overlander which is stored in Reno, Nevada for vacations with the family. We hope to have it in the UK by 2011, and escape to Europe during the Olympics in 2012.

As for now, we plan to have a road trip every year, exploring the great outdoors in the US.

Yomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:14 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member
1959 24' Tradewind
Ludlow , Shropshire

Hey Yomster, great to hear from you. We were giving up all hope of ever finding any UK airstreamers! I see there has been replies from East Sussex too. We have had our TW for 2 years now and havent seen or heard of any other airstreams. Every campsite that we stay at we ask if they have had any others staying and the answer is always no. I tried the UK forum that silver connnie runs but we had no luck there either. We are going to the Americana show this July and will try to find some fellow airstreamers there. Will let you know if we find any!!!!Great hearing from you. TWKID
Old 01-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member
2008 684 International
Sherborne , Dorset
Hello from out there on the road!

I can't believe I haven't spend more time on this forum. We're full-timing in England in our International 684, and I've just spent the whole day trying to figure out how we can find more 'Streamers in the UK only to find that they're all here! D'oh!

We're in the South East at the moment, thinking of heading up to East Anglia for the Spring. We had planned to cross over the channel and point ourselves South to Spain (or further) for the winter, but the Pound took a nose-dive so we're still here.

Having done the members search, there are 92 members listed in the UK and (curiously) 223 in England, so there must be somebody out there who wants to meet up.

Incidentally, we have actually met up with our first on-the-road Airstreamer since the Airstream Europe sponsored shin-dig in August. We're with ajdesq (who posted above) in Sussex. There's a couple of pics on our blog (Tracey & Pete on the road).

I'm definitely going to be here more often...
Bully Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:10 PM   #23
Rivet Master
1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
Folsom , California
Just saw your thread for the first time. These folks have a beautiful 1960 Tradewind over there somewhere:

(any chance you'll show us some pictures?)

Aluminumbskull with Led Balloon in Drag
Birch Plywood and Aluminum go together like
Peanut Butter and Chocolate
MarkR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member
1959 24' Tradewind
Ludlow , Shropshire
Hey BULLY BOY. Great to hear from you. We are up in Shropshire so if you ever get up this way drop us a mail. We havent seen any other airstreamers out on the road. We would love to get to know a few of you if you are there??? We are hoping to get to AMERICANA SHOW in July so why dont a few of you head there, maybe you already do! Have fun in your travels and maybe meet you soon, TRADEWINDKID
Old 01-24-2009, 10:19 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member
1956 16' Bubble
1957 22' Caravanner
islworth , middlesex
Hello to all of you on this thread, I have 1956 Bubble under restoration in Norfolk and a 1957 Caravanner in storage awaiting restoration, only seen a brand new airstream on the road, looked like it was being delivered, the only others I have seen are catering trailers. Be great to get a few of the UK Airstreamers together, I will be at Glastonbury in June and will (work permiting) try to go to the Americana show. Keep me posted all UK meets. Dan
Dan G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:12 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member
2008 684 International
Sherborne , Dorset
Dan G, we're planning to be in Norfolk in a couple of weeks. But I see you're in Middlesex. How does that work?
Bully Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:29 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member
1966 17' Caravel
Dallas , Texas
Tradewindkid - if you haven't already done so - check out the current thread regarding "Wally's 1955 Bubble For Sale?" ... the new owners will be bringing this historic Bubble to the UK ... the thread is a good read
pcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
What an interesting read; however, why are people with Airstreams in England "hiding out"?

Judy At Home in Oklahoma
juel is offline   Reply With Quote