Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2017, 05:50 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Plover , Wisconsin
Contact Owner by Airstream Number

How do I contact an Airstream owner by the big bold Airstream number? The owner of the storage lot will not give a message to the owner asking if they want to sell their trailer.
Oxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:30 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Personal member information is protected. You can contact the main club office but I doubt that they will give out the information you seek. Your best bet would be to leave a note on the trailer. Seems to me if they were looking to sell there would already be a "for sale" sign and contact information on the trailer.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:34 PM   #3

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Your best bet, I agree, is to leave a note on the trailer. You can contact the WBCCI and ask if they'll forward your message to the member, that way they won't be giving out any personal info of the member's, but I don't know if they do that. Also, if you're thinking they may be selling, perhaps the trailer has been sitting there a long time? They may not be active members if that's the case.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:58 PM   #4
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
When I retired, I made up "Calling Cards" to replace my business cards. That way, if I want to leave a note for someone— say at a campground— I can slip the card in the crack of the door, possibly but not necessarily with a hand-written note on the back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calling Card.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	290192  
Old 07-23-2017, 12:29 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Taos , New Mexico
When my parents had our trailer parked in paid storage we would get notes which were left on the trailer asking if it was for sale. We did try to reply to each one. I have since moved the trailer to private property and have had no notes since then. A note is probably the best and may be the only way to contact them and if the owner is coming to check on their trailer periodically they should see the note.
kdickinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 12:54 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2010 28' International
2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Moose Jaw , Saskatchewan
Oh the hazards of owning a icon ehh
Popcornkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:13 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Clearwater , Florida
Join the WBCCI. They have print and pdf membership lists. Now is the trailer number active? We have meet really nice people with pur local chapter.
ChuckFeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 02:22 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Plover , Wisconsin
I realize that WBCCI will not give me identifying information. I already know that the owner of the rental lot where the Airstream is parked has refused to even pass on a message.

So, I wrote WBCCI and asked that they give my contact information to the TT owner. That's what I wanted all along. I never expected that the owner's identifying information would be given to me. I hope that it works.
Oxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 04:23 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
But be careful what you use to post the note on the trailer i.e. tape that sticks too well and leaves residue behind Better to stick it in a crack around the door or window.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:17 AM   #10
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Taos , New Mexico
Yes - to be clear, we did get several notes of inquiry on our trailer (on the hitch area) but no actual offers i.e.: "i am interested in buying your trailer immediately for $X,000.00 in cash". I was not clear on what the purpose of the notes was - like what was going to happen next? The trailer wasn't for sale anyway - my family paid good money to insure it, and pay for covered storage - it sat maintained but mostly unused for at least 30 years. This happens not only with our iconic Airstream trailers - it happens at airports on aircraft that look like they've been sitting a long time unused, cars, motorcycles, boats, etc.. I get asked regularly if some land I own is for sale - again it's just a question with no written offers. Reality is most people are just making polite conversation or maybe they are hoping to get something for nothing. It's just my opinion here but I'm thinking that the best way to know for sure if something is for sale and for how much is if it has a "for sale" sign on it with contact information and even better if it is advertised somewhere online with pictures and detail information.
kdickinson is offline   Reply With Quote