Old 05-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1971 21' Globetrotter
Rivalta di Torino TO , Torino
1971 globetrotter transforming into a cocktail bar

hello, I just begin this week a project in order to transform my airstream into a "moving cocktail bar". I have a really clear idea in how to do it outside, but I have no clue how to do the inside (beside the bar table I already have to put inside). Does anyone has some pictures of something like that, or any ideas ? Emanuele from Turin, Italy.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:45 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1956 16' Bubble
1957 22' Caravanner
islworth , middlesex
This is the only bar in an airstream I have seen with my own eyes, it's very cool.

Apollo Lounge:

airstream mirepoix ariege, camp-site mirepoix ariege, accomodation ariege, airstream trailer park

Also here is a link to a friends Juice bar:

Juice On The Loose - Mobile Airstream Juice Bar - Home

Sure there are others out there, good luck

Old 06-04-2011, 04:03 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1971 21' Globetrotter
thanks

thank you Dan.
I will post my pictures when it's done !
Emanuele
Old 06-04-2011, 07:10 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerr1 View Post
hello, I just begin this week a project in order to transform my airstream into a "moving cocktail bar". I have a really clear idea in how to do it outside, but I have no clue how to do the inside (beside the bar table I already have to put inside). Does anyone has some pictures of something like that, or any ideas ? Emanuele from Turin, Italy.
There's one rolling around Colorado. The "Barstream." An old Overlander thats an 8-seater with a long wooden bar, one tap handle, a bartender and beer-soaked floors. Oh ya, it also has a fully functional AC unit, but no bathroom.

Great idea and good luck!
star kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by star kitty View Post
There's one rolling around Colorado. The "Barstream." An old Overlander thats an 8-seater with a long wooden bar, one tap handle, a bartender and beer-soaked floors. Oh ya, it also has a fully functional AC unit, but no bathroom.
You mean this one? See Page 4 of the latest DenCO Newsletter...it paid a visit to the May Maintenance Rally.

There's also the one that New Belgium Brewery paid a visit to a couple of RMVAC Rallies in the past...now it's retired and used for tastings in their Beer Garden.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty | 1946 Curtis Wright Model 2
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
It sounds like a great idea. Will you be using it for personal use or at rallies only? It's going to get expensive keeping up all of the liquor licenses required for each municipality you travel to if for profit.

Do a search online of some luxury limo executive travel bus photos for ideas. Tami used to drive these as a limo driver for wine tours in the Finger Lakes region in New York. Here's one I added as a joke during my remodel last spring.

Ricky

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:36 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1971 21' Globetrotter
in Italy...

In Italy if you use it for profit you have to obtain a general licence to sell food & drinks (but since I am graduated at University of Economic & Business I do not have even to attend any other courses). After that you pay something a day for the place where you stay with your vehicle.
In Italy Airstreams are really rare to see. There are something like 4 or 5 in all Italy running. Of course there is no one transformed into a bar.
Therefore my idea is to make one and than rent it for promotional events and also 3 or 4 days a week use it in one of the most hot place in Torino selling drinks during night.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:38 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

1971 21' Globetrotter
I have to put inside a really heavy bar desk. There is a limit of weight that I have to respect ? Do you think I have to reinforce the basement / frame of the airstream ?
Old 06-05-2011, 10:21 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1956 16' Bubble
1957 22' Caravanner
islworth , middlesex
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerr1 View Post
I have to put inside a really heavy bar desk. There is a limit of weight that I have to respect ? Do you think I have to reinforce the basement / frame of the airstream ?
The catering airstreams I have seen with fridges, cookers and heavy kit have had extra pieces of frame welded between each cross member down the centre of the trailer to reinforce the floor, although I am sure some people don't bother. If the floor is up already it's not going to do any harm, if you don't want to do this just be mindful of how you distribute your equipment/weight.