Old 06-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #1

2010 16' Sport
Houston , Texas
Tail Light Conversions

I have a 16' Sport that I will be bringing to the UK later this year. It has a single round Led taillight either side at the rear which is the brake and indicators in one (Red).

I am sure that this won't be any good and will need to swap these for tail light clusters that have seperate Brake and indicator lights. Has anyone converted their Airstreams and could they tell me where I could get them?

Perhaps it's best to order from Airstream over here in the US and take them with me?

Thanks,

Old 06-29-2010, 01:08 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Bromsgrove , Worcestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by davinho View Post
I have a 16' Sport that I will be bringing to the UK later this year. It has a single round Led taillight either side at the rear which is the brake and indicators in one (Red).

I am sure that this won't be any good and will need to swap these for tail light clusters that have seperate Brake and indicator lights. Has anyone converted their Airstreams and could they tell me where I could get them?

Perhaps it's best to order from Airstream over here in the US and take them with me?

Thanks,
You will need separate Stop/Tail and Indicator lights for EU regulations you will also need a fog lamp and Triangle reflectors.

All of these units legally should be "E" marked for European use, I think it would be doubtful that you can buy E marked lamps in the US.

Have you tried Airstream Europe at Tebay in England?

Given that your trailer is so new they may have a plug and play solution.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:22 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Airstream310
Iwerne Minster , Dorset. UK
We recently prepared a 78 Trailer for the UK, and used a round amber light for the indicators (they are also available clear and red). They are fitted to some European MH's.

You drill out the reflector backing plate leaving a sufficient "lip" to enable the light to be screwed in place, they look as if they should be always there!

Have any problems getting them give me a call.

Don't take life so seriously.... it is not permanent!
Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote