Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Global 'streaming > Shipping & Export/Import
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-19-2007, 05:27 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
I guess you'll have to update your loss statement there on the bottom now. You'll need to go to the Branson Rally just to get some rest and peace. Please let us know what you do. I hate to see this guy win because he's clearly a jerk and thinks ignorance is a virtue; however, even if you could prevail (and I think you could) the expense would be far more than $285.00, but it would sure feel good. I myself would write him a detailed letter stating you had consulted an attorney, give him the true facts about Small Claims Court liability limits, out of state attorneys coming to MO, Notarized statements you have obtained from parties witnessing what he had done in NY with your trailer(don't send them just make him think you have them), copies of his threatening email that you have forwarded to the Attorneys General of the State of MO, the State of New York and the State where his business is registered (I think NJ) and you are forwarding copies of all this information to the BBB in his State of incorporation. Then you can either wait for his reply to your Registered-Return Receipt Rquested letter or send him the $185.00 with a copy of the bill you will receive for $100.00, forwarded to him for payment.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:31 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic
I am curious if anyone knows enough about small claims court and jurisdiction to answer a question for me.

\\ MASSIVE LEGAL SNIP //

Thanks everyone.

Steve
mr steve,

as your drywall contractor, always seek legal and or medical advice from RV people. i do it all the time.

just sayin...

kevbo
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:05 PM   #43
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevbo10
mr steve,

as your drywall contractor, always seek legal and or medical advice from RV people. i do it all the time.

just sayin...

keeavbo
Kevbo,

I am telling you for the last time. I am not paying you the remaining $185.00 for the drywall job in my basement. I told you I wanted the sheets run vertical instead of horizontal for less seams. I also wanted light joint compound instead of heavy mud, but you still wouldn't listen.

Now I have to pay some guy to come out and fix the work that you never did correctly.

Steve
Old 09-19-2007, 06:49 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Steve -- You'll get what you ask for. Kevbo can stucco that new Bambi of yours. Remember the SNL Adobe?
Click image for larger version

Name:	adobe.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	45712
Ewwww....!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:28 PM   #45
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream
Steve -- You'll get what you ask for. Kevbo can stucco that new Bambi of yours. Remember the SNL Adobe?
Attachment 45712
Ewwww....!
Adobe, the car made from clay. Too bad you can't reform airstream panels as easily as the adobe fenders.

Steve
Old 09-26-2007, 07:35 AM   #46
tn2
DixieDove

1978 Argosy 27
1978 28' Argosy 28
Camden , Tennessee
The key word is

The key to this whole thing is the contract you no doubt signed. If it spells out exactly what (and where) the shipper was to do....then if he didn't perform then you have a reason not to pay. If there was no contract...then it's his word against your.

The only experience I have with small claims.... I had rental property that a renter failed to pay his rent. I filed a small claims and won... judge said he owed me the money. I then ask how do I get my money....judge said thats up to me. He said I could garnishee his wages but you can only take what the debtor can afford to pay. And each week you'd have to file another claim to get the next week money....and of course that cost me another filing fee. I guess what I'm saying is that small claims won't get this guy the money....it just gets him a judgement. Seems like the laws are stacked against the good guys. Again I say....what does your contract say.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:25 AM   #47
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
There is know written contract. This is a website like ebay.

Steve