Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2007, 04:50 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

hereford , herefordshire
Shipping fom Toronto

Can anyone help me. I am looking for a shipping firm that would ship an airstream from Toronto to the UK
Maggi
maggi1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:37 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
st micheals , worcestershire
shipping

hi im in the process as we speak and can definatly say dont use ATI i have been very let down by them and had to do most of the calling and organising myself even after i thought it was all done they forgot to tell the haulage company whitch dock to go to with the airstream and forgot to tell me i was not going to be on the original ship now two weeks later , i only found out when nobody turned up to collect it and i contacted the haulage company and they said it had been booked on a different ship ... bad company .
try
ezshipment@msn.com

very helpfull and quick to respond , i also used
boathaul@aol.com
for transport to the dock .
puppybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:19 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
When we were selling out 69 we considered selling it to a family from England and did the research for shipping - the best price we found with a reputable company was
Sales @ Carex Shipping
www.carexshipping.com
Tel: 877-627-8434

for our 69gt 21' $2395 RORO service - (roll on roll off) They had several different insurance packages all very reasonable too.

There are NO ports of reasonable price here in Canada - even Montreal was outrageous. It was cheaper to find someone to trailer it to the NewYork Port to Southhampton)

Good - luck.

If you need anything - maybe we can be of assistance - PM us if you like. We are only 2 ours from Toronto.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:52 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
Braunschweig , Germany
Puppybear,

sad to hear that you made a bad experience with ATI, as we were very pleased with their service and everything worked out great with them... They were fast, cheap and very helpful. Some other forum members did business with them as well and had no bad experiences,too.

I hope for ATI that letting you down was only a once in a live time mistake otherwise they won´t ship to many Airstreams in future...

Regards,

Bjoern

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppybear
hi im in the process as we speak and can definatly say dont use ATI i have been very let down by them and had to do most of the calling and organising myself even after i thought it was all done they forgot to tell the haulage company whitch dock to go to with the airstream and forgot to tell me i was not going to be on the original ship now two weeks later , i only found out when nobody turned up to collect it and i contacted the haulage company and they said it had been booked on a different ship ... bad company .
try
ezshipment@msn.com

very helpfull and quick to respond , i also used
boathaul@aol.com
for transport to the dock .

AirstreamForumsMember No. AIR 5535

Proud Owner of a 1971 Ambassador 29' called "Dave"

-A stranger is a friend you just haven´t met before!-
unknown irish

davetheairstream
Pschoerrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:14 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
1974 31' Sovereign
Milton , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggi1972
Can anyone help me. I am looking for a shipping firm that would ship an airstream from Toronto to the UK
Maggi
Sorry I don't have any info on shipping companies, but I'm quite close to Toronto so if there's anything else I can do to help, let me know.

1965 Avion C-10 Truck Camper (65avion.home.blog)
DavidsonOverlander is offline   Reply With Quote