Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Eyota , Minnesota
Delivery of an AS

I guess I didn't know where to post something like this, so if it's in the wrong place I'm sorry. I know I have read on here that if you are interested in a trailer that is not in your neck of the woods, you can post that you are looking for someone to go check it out for you and then report back to you. What I was wondering is if there are folks that would be willing to to get a trailer that is not in my neck of the woods and deliver it to me? I know there are shipping companies a person can hire and the sellers are usually willing to work with you on that aspect of it. But it can be somewhat problematic coordinating the details in a remote location, and to be quite honest, I really wouldn't trust any shipping/transport company to deliver an Airstream. The only people I would trust would be current or previous owners of an AS.
So what I would be looking for is a party in the Dallas TX area that would be willing to tow a 19 footer to SE MN. If there is someone out there willing to do so, send me a PM. I thought maybe that there may even be some snow birds currently down there that would be heading back north in a month or so. Thanks.
L4740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
I live in Texas..the dallas area. I could go look at it for you. I'm not an expert by any means. But I have an Idea on whats good or bad. On the towing aspect, if you looking on getting it to you then I would think a shipping company would be expensive as well as an independant person,..unless of course it was on their way to you. as you stated. There would also have to be some liability issues for the private party towing it to you.

Just points to ponder.

If I can help Pm me.
Shane

Tow Vehicle" 2023 F250 Azure Gray!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
I've shipped six figure cars using bonded and licensed transport companies in and out of southwest Colorado where the closest divided highway is 350 miles in any direction. Asking somebody to do you Favor could turn ugly for any number of reasons.
Denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Colleyville , Texas
I agree with Denis4x4. I think he said it perfectly. We also ship cars and feel very safe with a professional shipper.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
Sonoma Valley , California
What shipping companies do you recommend? I need to ship a 16' Airstream from Iowa to Reno. Then I'll pick it up from that point! Thanks, Corinne
corinnedavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:33 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB International
Lymington , Hampshire
Send a message via Skype™ to Swagman
Hi,
Were just finalising on the purchase of a 19 foot Globetrotter and need to get it moved from Colorado to Southampton in England.
I've got one quote where half the cost is towing it from Colorado to Galavaston, and the other half shipping it Galvaston to London, England.
Any of you guys got suggestions where I can get other quotes and do you know if it would it be better value if we got a smaller outfit to haul it across the US, and another to ship it out?
Any guidance / advice much appreciated.
Cheers
John