Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Global 'streaming
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-31-2016, 03:10 PM   #1

Campbell Town , Tasmania
Shipping an airstream from Tennessee to Australia

Hi,

We are looking into buying a vintage airstream international 31 ' from Tennessee, USA. Can anyone please share their experience in shipping a trailer from US to Australia? Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards,
dinooz
dinooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:50 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2015 19' International
Snoqualmie , Washington
We sold our '59 to a family that shipped it Australia last year where they are now restoring it. I was not directly involved in the shipping logistics, but it did take quite a bit of paperwork and time. If you are interested, I would be happy to pass your contact information to the gentleman who did this. The family is really great and may be willing to share their experience with you.
Patman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 12:00 AM   #3

Campbell Town , Tasmania
Hi Patman,

That will be very helpful if you could pass on the contact information of the Australian family.

Regards,
dinooz
dinooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:20 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2015 19' International
Snoqualmie , Washington
Happy to do so! Have to figure out how to send a private message from the app....
Patman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:18 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1993 32' Excella
Woodburn , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinooz View Post
Hi,

We are looking into buying a vintage airstream international 31 ' from Tennessee, USA. Can anyone please share their experience in shipping a trailer from US to Australia? Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards,
dinooz
My advice is first find someone with experience international shipping of Airstream trailers. No matter how helpful any of us may want to be, you need someone who has done this any times. (That is not me.) P&S Trailer Services in Helena, OH has extensive experience restoring AS and has shipped many of them to the Middle East and Europe. I do not know about their experience shipping to Australia, Asia or the Far East. They are honest and you can contact via the internet www.pandstrailerservices.com or by telephone. See what they have to say an email or telephone call will give you some place to start.

David Parker
1969 31' Sovereign
1989 Dodge D-350
davidlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 05:00 PM   #6

Brisbane , Queensland
Send a message via Skype™ to scottoblue
Have a look on Instagram for AustreamAffairs, AirstreamFamily, airstreamdreams, vintage_airtstreams_australia

https://www.facebook.com/Vintage-Air...9365220789102/

These people have all imported Airstreams to Australia from the US.
scottoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:42 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2012 23' FB International
Woodstock , Ontario
P&S Trailer Service in Helena Ohio ship older (narrow body) Airstreams to Europe on a regular basis. Google and get their number. They have always been helpful to me.
JCW
JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote