Old 07-26-2005, 08:24 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
1964 17' Bambi II
Laramie , Wyoming
The actual length of the bed in the '05 Bambi is 78". As I'm more than 6' tall, the advertised 75" length was a concern. But.....no problem!

WBCCI # 4181 VAC member
Antique Pedaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:47 AM   #16
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Bait and switch????

Old 07-26-2005, 08:54 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

This is really a great floorplan. Frank says we can't have one as our second trailer because if we're towing 23' we might as well take the 28. He's right -- sigh -- I guess I'm going to have to keep fantasizing about a 16, 19 or T@b.

Tom
2004 Ford Excursion 6.0 PSD PWRSTRK,
and Brittany, the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
PWRSTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:01 AM   #18
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRSTRK
This is really a great floorplan. Frank says we can't have one as our second trailer because if we're towing 23' we might as well take the 28. He's right -- sigh -- I guess I'm going to have to keep fantasizing about a 16, 19 or T@b.
Tom
It's ok to fantasize. I've found that fantasizing is the first step in the process to making something a reality (eventually)!

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:26 AM   #19
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Hey, I wonder if it comes with that plate of cheese!

BTW, this unit kind of rocks. Cool.

John
I bet it would either taste like plastic, or chicken.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:57 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRSTRK
This is really a great floorplan. Frank says we can't have one as our second trailer because if we're towing 23' we might as well take the 28. He's right -- sigh -- I guess I'm going to have to keep fantasizing about a 16, 19 or T@b. Tom
I know Herbert Hoover promised "A chicken in every pot and an Airstream in every garage." But TWO Airstreams?!!! Why not?
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:23 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

The bed in the 23' Safari is indeed 48" wide, which makes the rear interior bed & bath design just like the 19' Bambi. This was confirmed by the AS home office.
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:24 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Dang!!!!! If they would just make the beds bigger I would put this right up on my wish list, right below that 25 FB SE LS!!!! Especially if I could get the rear wrap around windows.

I know the bath is in the way, but could they make only half of a wrap around ??? that would be cool on the 19 and 23, but is there something structural that prevents it?

John
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:18 PM   #23
_

. , .
hi folks

while in jc last week i did indeed see 2 of the "new" 23s on the line. it is the same shell/platform as the 22. no the 22 is not being replaced but the 23 is a new floor plan using that shell. so like the 30/31 on the classic side.....where the bathroom layout and placement of the kitchen / dinette gives the distinct character to each model.

the 23 has an interesting floor plan and we all liked it......one was nearing the exit door so it was pretty complete. it did seem larger inside than the 22, that coming from the open floor plan like the safari se. those pics on the colonial site are not anything like the actual 23.....i'll have to go through the 100s of pics i took and see if i took some of it.

cheers all
2air'
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 05:26 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I hope you have some pictures. That would be great! That was a terrible storm you went through too. Those pictures were awesome. Glad you're okay. That's the worst damage in a park I have seen. Pretty scarey stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
hi folks

while in jc last week i did indeed see 2 of the "new" 23s on the line. it is the same shell/platform as the 22. no the 22 is not being replaced but the 23 is a new floor plan using that shell. so like the 30/31 on the classic side.....where the bathroom layout and placement of the kitchen / dinette gives the distinct character to each model.

the 23 has an interesting floor plan and we all liked it......one was nearing the exit door so it was pretty complete. it did seem larger inside than the 22, that coming from the open floor plan like the safari se. those pics on the colonial site are not anything like the actual 23.....i'll have to go through the 100s of pics i took and see if i took some of it.

cheers all
2air'

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 07:22 AM   #25
Colonial Airstream NJ
Airstream Dealer

1968 17' Caravel
Lakewood , New Jersey
Standard Features 2006 23' Safari Pre-release

Chassis
5,600 Lb. GVWR, 5,600 lb. Axle System, UBW #___, NCC ___, Styled aluminum Wheels, Radial Wall Tires Load Range D, 10” electric Drum Brakes, Manual Hitch Jack, 4 Stabilizer Jacks, Spare Tire Bracket, Double Steel Step.

Exterior

Bright Aluminum Finish – White Finish on Roof, Polished Rear Bumper With Storage, Safari Graphics With Chrome Rub Rail Inserts, Safari Medallion, License Plate Bracket, Grab handle, LPG Bottle Cover, Enclosed/Insulated Underbelly, Curb Side and Road Side Awning Rail, Patio Awning Curbside 13’5”, Solar Stoneguard, Main Door, Wrap Protectors, Diamond Plate Exterior Storage Compartment.

Windows and Doors

S.P. Solar Gray Windows, Opaque in Door, Small Rear Trunk Door, Keyed Deadbolt at Entry Door, 2 Refrigerator vent Doors.

Interior Décor

Mini Blind at Galley Window, Full Close-Out Drapes, Except Galley and Bath, Oak Laminate Interior, Real Wood/Steel Drawer Boxes, Overhead Roof locker, Fabric Covered Interior Skin, Entrance Mat, Fabric Valances, Laminate Countertops, Interior Grab Handle, Vinyl Flooring.

Bath Décor

Towel Bar, Roll Away Shower Door, Hinged Bath Door, Fiberglass Shower With Soap Dish, Mirrored Medicine Cabinet, Stainless Steel Sink.

Galley Décor

Laminated Galley Top, Spice Rack, Sink Cover, Stainless Steel Single Bowl Sink, Pantry Storage, Aluminum Inserts on Refrigerator, Magazine Rack, Road Side Wardrobe, 74” Lounge w/Storage bins ● RS Credenza, RS Lift-up Table ● Decorative Throw Pillows

Entertainment & Sound
Front Overhead Roof locker w/Radio● Radio Antenna ● 4 Speakers Wired & Mounted ● Sony AM/FM CD Controller w/ Receiver: 35W x 4 High Power Output, 12 FM/6 AM Presets ● Auto Memory & Quartz Clock ● TV Ready Includes Antenna & Outlet ● Cable TV & Telephone Hook-Up ● Satellite Pre-wire

Bedroom Décor
Corner Double Bed 54” x 76” w/Storage Under Bed ● RS Wardrobe ● Removable Storage Box Under Bed ● Quilted Bedspread ● Foam Mattress w/ Quilted Cover ● Bed Pillows (2)

Electrical
Two Coach Batteries ● 7-Way Trailer Plug ● 110V/12V Power Center w/55 Amp Converter ● 12 Volt ATC Fuses ● Incandescent Lighting ● TV Jack w/12 Volt Outlet (2) ● 2 Telephone Jack ● 120 Volt Exterior Outlet ● GFI Protection for Bath, Kitchen & Exterior Outlet ● Patio Light ● Exterior Lighting Package Includes: Dump Vale, Compartment Lights & Area Light ● Water Pump Switch at Galley ● Electronic Battery Disconnect ● Solar Pre-Wire

Appliances
11,000 A/C w/Heat Strip & Manual Control ● 18,000 BTU Furnace w/Electronic Ignition ● 3-Burner Cooktop w/Over ● Range Hood w/Vent & Light ● 2 Ceiling Vents (Non-Powered) ● Bath Exhaust Fan (12 Volt) ● 5.0 Cu. Ft. 2-Way Refrigerator ● Probeless Tank Monitoring System (Wall Mounted) ● 6 Gallon Water Heater w/Electronic Ignition ● Fire Extinguisher ● LPG, Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors ● Microwave

Systems
2- 20 Lb. Steel LPG Bottles ● Automatic 2-Stage Regulator ● Shower Head w/Shut-Off ● Water Heater By-Pass Kit ● Lockable Water Fill ● Water Pressure Regulator ● Toilet ● 30 Gallon Fresh Water Tank w/Drain Valve ● 18 Gallon Black Water Tank ● 21 Gallon Grey Water Tank ● Exterior Height w/AC- 9’ 5” ● Interior Height w/AC- 6’ 3.5” ● Exterior width- 8’ ● Interior Width- 7’7” ● Exterior Length – 23’ ● Hitch Ball Height- 18” ● Safety Chain Hook 11,700# Rating ● Sewer Hose Storage Tube ● Heated Tanks- 12 Volt
Old 09-05-2005, 07:42 AM   #26
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Dang!!!!! If they would just make the beds bigger I would put this right up on my wish list, right below that 25 FB SE LS!!!! Especially if I could get the rear wrap around windows.

I know the bath is in the way, but could they make only half of a wrap around ??? that would be cool on the 19 and 23, but is there something structural that prevents it?

John
You know, a 25' is not much larger in length, a bit larger in width, has dual axles and a bit wider bed (by about 6"). If it were me, and I did, I'd consider the 25' as it is only about 800lbs heavier, but does have the potential to be significantly heavier depending on what you fill it up with....
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 08:43 AM   #27
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
I saw one at my local Airstream dealer on Saturday, while on a spy mission to check out some construction details.
It's like a smaller version of a Safari 25, goucho front, galley center, curbside bed, streetside bath and head.
The sink ( round) is monted in a round cabinet that sticks out from the galley, with rounded doors underneath. Nice design touch.
Otherwise the interior is much like the rest of the Safari line.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:25 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2004 22' International CCD
Spotsylvania , Virginia
I'd like to see the 23' with a wet bath.

2004 22' CCD
1997 F-150
TAC VA-12
AIR# 4749
ex WBCCI# 1430
rseagle is offline   Reply With Quote

« - | Top | dumb question »