Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2005 - 2010 Safari
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-10-2015, 07:24 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
Lohman , Missouri
Info on Safari

Might have the opportunity to purchase a 2006 Safari 23. A dealer is supposed to have one coming in in a few weeks.
Ive been trying to do some research but cant find much info, other than the forums. I know they arent made anymore and I wonder why. I usually just see Flying Clouds and Internationals, so I dont know much about the Safari.
I would like to hear some pro's and con's from those that own them, or know about them.
Thanks.
51coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:50 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I have a 2006 Safari L-couch layout. I removed the front section of the couch to make room for a recliner. Not sure what you are actually looking for in a response. Do you have any specific questions or concerns. Models and layouts come and go at the whim of the bean counters at Thor and Airstream.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:09 AM   #3
Free Range Human

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Haines , Oregon
The Safari was rebadged (to the best of my knowledge) to become the Flying Cloud. Our old Safari, and the present FC are pretty much the same, except for layout (the Safari was a 6 sleeper), mouse fur and internal colors. We have friends with a 2005 Safari SE, and it is very close to our 2012.
Drathaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:10 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
Ridgefield , Washington
We have a 2001 Safari 25 foot six-sleeper (it has both a couch and dinette). We love it! We are the original owners. Over the years, it has served us well with minimal maintenance. But, please understand that any Airstream will require maintenance of some sort. Traveling down bumpy roads will jostle fasteners loose (easy fix), wear out a rivet or two (also and easy fix), and require attention to the operating systems (fridge, water pump, water heater, AC, furnace, etc.). This is common with all Airstreams and other brands. Best advice is to inspect the one you're considering purchasing when it comes in and ask the dealer why it was traded. Talk to the prior owner if you can. It could be a great trailer that no longer met their needs, or it could have major leaks or other issues. Only a thorough inspection will tell.
Nomad518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:23 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
Lohman , Missouri
Thanks.
Glad to hear you all like yours. Also good to know that they were retitled the Flying Clouds.
I was just having trouble finding out general info to try to research anything about them. I just want my first one to be right for me. Kinda hard to find one close to me in the midwest.
51coke is offline   Reply With Quote