Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2005 - 2010 Safari
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-14-2016, 12:45 PM   #1
HCR
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Full time traveler
Current market value 2006 Safari SE

Bought trailer in "like new" condition in Oct. 2010 for $30,500.

Have seen ads with prices higher now than my buying price six years ago.

Have you had an appraisal, or an insurance claim for "total loss" which may give some insight into actual current value? I'm concerned for buying my insurance .

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:24 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

los alamos , New Mexico
Safari price discussion

I saw a 23' SE Safari camper posted sold at $37k from a dealer in Chicago. I haven't seen an appraisal, but the safari's around this age and size are really a sweat spot when it comes to value and size. When you consider the price of a new one around $75k, you can pick one up in good shape the low to mid $30's you can keep $5k for repairs and basically have a very functional trailer for half the price for another 10 years. I don't see them depreciating unless we go into another recession or unless it is not taken care of. Not only that a dual axel in a 23' or even 25' is a perfect combo for low weight towing. A mid sized truck (tacoma or larger) can easily handle the weight.

This age is very dependable and offer 90% of the upgrades seen in a new flying star. One other thing to keep in mind is that sense 2010 we have seen a huge demand jump in Airstreams and you bought during the bottom of the economic crises. Look how much inflation we have seen, not only in food, but in demand for luxury items for retiring baby boomers in the past 6 years. My personal opinion is $30k to even the mid $30's is a great deal for a couple or small family after studying the market.

Just my two cents, but you have a very desirable AS at a manageable price point.
nmcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:00 AM   #3
HCR
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Full time traveler
Thanks for your views. I believe I have been under-value for insurance purposes.